Middle Eastern Male LHR Woes

Done over 15 body LHR sessions with high fluence alex on gentlemax pro and high fluence nd:yag on the same system with stimulation on shoulders and otherwise shotty removal

ended up trying my beard too at 30j nd:yag which was definitely extremely painful without much clearance and even started to drop spot since 30j is max on 18mm with still shotty results

has anyone else pushed fluence to 30,32+ for nd:yag on the gmax pro and still wasnt getting clearance?

I had not YAG Laser , because YAG is Recommand for Indian/Dark Skin Colour types, für Europe Skin colour types its not really good.

By me it is

I had 16 x Alexandritlaser Sessions of my Facial hair , I mean ALL , to get rid of my Beard completly Like throat…chin…cheeks…underlip…uperlip.

My Cheeks /throat works best…even not complety still have haire there.

My chin…upperlip…chin, dont care About laser , i even tryed 1 session diod laser , Exactly the same.

Its really like above 1 Year treatment.

But my chest…belly…shoulder…back… neck works with laser very well.

and im 33 Years old , started with 32.

Most middle eastern skin is of an olive complexion, which makes these clients susceptable to paradoxal hypertrichosis ( laser hair stimulation) . For those this occurs to, they should NEVER do laser again as the issue is likely to worsen. It wont happen to everyone, but an olive complexion does make this occurring more probable.
The solution is to remove the hair with electrolysis instead.

so the people who get stimulated will get stimulated even with absurd amount of fluence?

ive even done 18mm 20j alex with long pd to avoid getting burned

paging /u/thinou …I think this one is up your alley Nora!

Leaving the settings to experts, hair follicles must become inflamed around 5-15 mins after they get hit by light beam. More severe inflammation indicates better result. Mild inflammation or no inflammation post treatment indicates that your ultimate result to have permanent hair reduction/removal is ruined forever.

To achieve ultimate maximum reduction results long-term or permanently, laser therapist shouldn’t be too easy with the settings. Why?
Because any light therapies (Diode, laser, IPL and etc.) work with colors, they aren’t effective and lose efficacy in treating light, sparse hair. That is they are less efficient in treating next successive treatment session when hair get reduced.

Clients should never tell any therapists regarding settings. Just change to ones with right skills and experience.

If you tell therapists what settings to use, they can over treat you. Sensation of continuous excruciating pain and burning for over a week or so isn’t fun. (Asking these clients about their experience regarding pain from being over treated by LHR: Hypopigmentation after laser treatment burns (photo))

The settings (wavelengths, pulse with, Hz, fluence, spot sizes) are not only factors. Therapists need to know their machines like how many passes (not the same as Hz), actual power outputs at different settings, clients’ skin colors, hair characteristics and etc. required to build follicles at least above 70-75 degree celsius to destroy follicles but not over treating. Therapists also need to know etc.

Not one setting even from the same machine of the same model is suitable for clients with similar skin colours. Some can’t be treated with higher settings because they get over treated or burnt.

In general, the higher the settings, with multiples passes to go over the same follicles over & over the better the reduction results. But you might still not get much results or get over treated. So leave that to therapists.

Compressing skin with cold/ice pack immediately after the treatment sometimes are required to cool skin down while avoiding ice freeze. Therapists need to know and factor all these and etc.

somewhat agree somewhat disagree with what youve typed up…

I do believe a client should step in and question settings only if they have bothered to do very diligent research about the particular platform an operator is using… in this case i know my operator is not only experienced but really pushing the limits when it comes to settings on a gmax pro to treat me without getting burned… 20j alex on someone whose fitz 3.5-4 is definitely on the verge of burning and 30j yag is outright painful as hell but these settings would definitely remove hair on someone whose light with dark hair and not susceptible to stimulation with even high fluence… I DEFINITELY get reactive by alex or yag and hair sheds but it my follicles withstands the energy and repairs themselves in my case

Little update for you guys

Found a place with the new gentlemax pro plus which can push more energy on the 18mm spot

just did a test area with the following settings: YAG 18mm 34j 10ms PD

lets see if i can get clearance!

Hi, a little curious about your statement here. Do you mean by ruined forever that laser treated follicles that are not inflamed properly are not able to be treated by laser again? Are they stimulated? Is paradoxical stimulation never able to be treated by laser then if this is the case?

Answer:

For more info:

1 Like