Magnification equipment, loops and others

Prestige Electrolysis Supply is really a wonderful company to deal with. I have been buying my supplies from them for many, many years. They have a large assortement of products and wonderful customer service.

I personally love the Luxo Wave II lamps. I find that the stadium style magnification and the individually controlled, dual sided lights make it perfect for shadow lighting the fine blond hairs.

Just to let newbies know:

I bought a head piece with magnifying loupes (cheaper than dental loupes though) and although it goes from 1.25X to 6X, it useless for work on yourself.

It is very practical and works great when you look at someone else’s skin b/c you can bring your head at the right distance from the skin in order to bring the image into focus.

But when working on yourself, you are limited to a certain distance range from the area that you are looking at. And so you need a stationary magnifying equipment that you can adjust regardless of the position of your head.

just FYI

And since the best work is done by someone else working on you, (electrolysis buddy that you trade work with via Do-Each-Other method) this would be fine for those working at home on each other.

Circle lamps do allow one to see oneself, but still present problems for actually working on oneself, because yous till have to get in a position to see through the lamp’s glass, and work at the same time, without scratching and bumping against the lamp while working.

yeah… my boyfriend chickened out! he swore up and down that WE should get the machine and that he would read the books with me and learn with me so that we can work on each other… and then he saw how much work it takes and how difficult it is to do it right and got totally scared!!! MEN, I tell ya!!!

so now i have to find a buddy, but i don’t trust my girlfriend b/c she is a total clutz and despite all the best intentions in the world she will still butcher me [image]http://www.cs.drexel.edu/~ti24/electrolysis/smilies/nurse.jpg[/image] and she admits to it and knows not to handle tricky equipment

so I’m looking for someone who i can trust to work on me while waiting for my mom to move to Philly so that she can learn how to do it.