local anesthetics

Hi:

Half an hour with Emla will help, but an hour is better.
You have to put it on thick enough too and use the plastic wrap.

Try some type of pain killer too if you can ahead of time.

If it is too painful let them know. Sometimes they can turn the setting down a bit and still be effective. Some areas are also more sensitive.

My electrolygist uses a Silhouette Tone machine which is not the newest model, but it seems to be working. She often adjusts the settings depending on my tolerance.
Some days I am more sensitive than others.

I go tonight for hours 75 & 76 on my face. Before that I had 9 laser sessions with the Lightsheer.

Good luck with the pain relief.

Alicia

OK guys, I had my appointment today and I went one hour earlier to apply EMLA. My appt felt a whole lot better. No shaking or sweating. I still had to request to lower the setting but hopefully it should still be enough to work. She didn’t hold the current any longer though. Maybe she’s doing fast blend-I’ve heard ppl on this forum use that term. I don’t know the difference. Anyways, thanks to all for their replies. They were very much appreciated.

Glad things went better t-chick, but just a quick comment to you: lowering the heat and not increasing the timing is okay as long as the hair doesn’t feel like it is being tweezed. As far as the term ‘fast blend’ goes, I’m not sure what that means for you. If the probe is in the follicle for only 1-2 seconds, I sincerely doubt that you are being blended, it sounds more like your’re getting manual thermolysis. There is nothing incorrect being done if you are getting manual thermolysis, AS LONG AS THE HAIR RELEASES WELL WITH A NICE BULB INTACT. Any kind of electrolysis modality will get you there, it’s all a simple matter of having a correct heat level for the correct amount of time hitting the correct target.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dee