LHR Full Body Experience

Please don’t attack in this forum. It doesn’t accomplish anything.

I can’t find one published clinical study measuring the long term effects of laser hair removal. To me long term is more than 1-2 years.

A lot of the studies are funded by the laser company that invented the laser. That can cause biase and I believe deliberate misrepresentation of method and results.

For instance a clinical study by Syneron (company that made my lasers the Auora and Comet) is titled “Hair removal using a combination of conducted radiofrequency and optical energies-an 18-month follow-up.”

18 months? Sounds long term at first. But it’s 17 (not 18?) months after the first day of laser sessions. It only measures 5 months after the last laser session.

The photo of the histological example the paper claims was extracted during the study also pops up in two other studies which claim it is their sample.

A few people have said electrolysis is tried and true, my mom has had several treatments on her face and no hair reduction. Is it suppose to be permanent?

YEEEESSSSSS!!! Your Mom needs to stick to a good schedule and skillful electrologist. Something is missing in this story if there is no improvement.

Have her read hairtell. Go to www.electrology.com Understand what is expected of you, your electrologist and how this all works together to bring you success.

Education is the key here if one’s electrologist is not performing well or if the client is not forming a relationship with her electrologist so she can ask questions, then you won’t get permanent hair removal!!

Dee

You’re right, she didn’t stick to a schedule. I think she thought she was only required to do it a couple times - of course we are talking some years ago.

I dont understand how to post a new thread?? can anyone help… but i want to ask everyone if they know of a website or anything to do with clincal research or trials that are offering free laser removal for scientific studies… im a college kid and dont want to wait to get laser removal, but cant afford it! helppppp…

That would require someone to be interested in paying for a study, and performing that study somewhere close to where you are. You are in violation of pet peeve number one on the forum, No Location Listed In Profile, so even if one of our members was conducting just such a study,no one knows that you live down the block from the research center.

Practically Speaking, most corporations won’t pay for a study unless they already know that result they want, and how to make that result happen.

If we were really ambitious and wanted to tick lots of people off, we here on HairTell would start a fund you all could donate to so we can get a good long term, unbiased study done that would show what is what and track everything for years after the fact.

Of course, if we did that, many would say that we were just making an excuse to raise money.