Laser hair removal Melbourne

Hi everyone,

I’ve been doing laser hair removal for about 5 years on and off- I have had great results and it’s honestly changed my life.

Laser hair removal has definitely been a hair reduction tool for me- I absolutely love that ALL the hair with pigment in it falls out- and takes about 8 weeks to grow back. This in itself is enough to fork out money for my legs, underarms and Brazilian about three to four times a year.

My problem now is that there’s sooo many clinics in Australia- and they change hands all the time- I was going to a place that uses gentlelase and the girls there were amazing- they always treated me on the highest setting- and were really thorough- then they all left and the new girls who came in just refused to go by my previous treatment settings ‘due to time restraints a booking issues etc’ , they would also miss patches, it was just a waste of time and money.

I need help finding a really good clinic in Melbourne- I’m on maintenance treatments- and I find that laser really works for me but I need to be on a high setting for an alexandrite laser- and I need someone who is properly thorough- they map everything out and take their time to treat each mapped out box- my hair is sporadic, and easily missed if attention to detail isn’t there.

Can anyone recommend anyone in the Melbourne area?

To give you an idea of my skin- I’m very pale, have dark- black hairs- they’re no longer thick as they use to be, but as I mentioned earlier- treated on a high enough setting, I get amazing results.

Appreciate anyone’s recommendations! Price isn’t an issue- just looking for someone who’ll do the right job :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally went to Australian laser and skin clinic in moonee ponds, they also use Candela gentlelase. I am not sure though if they will treat you at settings you want. If you do decide to go there ask for Aliki, she is super nice.

1 Like

Clinicalase in Carlton is reputable. They use the appropriate settings, though I believe you will need to confirm that they will be willing to map your skin during treatment as they do not do this automatically.

Avoid any clinics that offer seasonal discounts or with prices lower than roughly AU$75 per five minutes of treatment (or the equivalent for a treatment area), as these clinics will rush through treatments to increase the number of clients per day. You should also ask whether the clinic is willing to use varying spot sizes if necessary. Some clinics instruct stuff to only use an 18mm spot size so that treatments can be faster, but this will be ineffective if your skin and hair combination requires a higher intensity and therefore a smaller spot size.

You can insist on a test treatment to ensure that the clinic will use appropriate settings. Those that do not provide this are not worth your business.

1 Like

Please read this => It might be long but informative => All about Laser Hair Removal (LHR) in a long shot

I offer Laser Hair Removal & Electrolysis services in Upwey VIC.

1 Like

I’d love to do a full listing for your practice. Please post your information here!

Hi Andrea,

Thank for your kind heart & contribution.

My services includes:
– Laser Hair Removal
– Electrolysis PERMANENT Hair Removal
– Other Electrolysis treatments, i.e. removal of Telangiectasia, Red Moles, Cherry Angiomas, Spider Veins, Thread Veins or Vascular Blemish via Electrolysis (Diathermy) for face, neck, & chest as long as they are bright red “thread” like, small dots or “spiders” – those red finer more superficial ones (arteries)

Thank you,
Nora

Tat’s great! Do you have a website. email, or phone you would like listed?

Hi Andrea

Website is still not active but it’s http://www.permanent-hair-removal-services.com.au
Otherwise I’m using Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ElectrolysisUpwey/
https://www.facebook.com/upweylaser/

email: ElectrolysisLaserTreatments@gmail.com
Mobile: +61 404 345 888

Thank you so much for your time,
Nora

1 Like

Hi Nora,

I forgot the password to my account a while ago and could not find my original post. I have since located it, and I’m back at it again!

Upwey is a small bit away for me as I don’t drive. But I was recently looking at your fb as I truly have had enough with the clinics located in Melbourne. I had one clinic tell me they treat all their patients on 24mm spot size only- never anything else…

I did however find one clinic though, they were very thorough, but just weren’t treating me on a strong enough setting, I was getting results (shedding), but it would grow back.

It’s a pity with the current lockdown I am unable to book in with you. I’ll actually be moving to Ireland in 4 weeks, which is just shy of when the lockdown will be lifted (I’m almost hoping my flight gets cancelled so that I can book it). Sadly, I’ll be continuing my search there instead.

I was hoping you could help me in advising what setting you’d recommend for candela gentlelase Alex? For fine hair, that’s still dark, on type 1 skin.

From what I have gathered a smaller spot size and higher joules is best, but so I can gage whether I’m being sold something silly, are you able to recommend what you would treat someone like me on? I can at least then ask for a test patch and see if my skin tolerates it. (I feel no pain at all when I’m currently treated, and I believe my last treatment was 20 mm/16j…which the technician said was high; but I’m sceptical of this!)

Appreciate your response and expertise!

Also, I’ll be returning back in jan 2021, so will contact you then- one day of long travel at this point is so worth it to have a solid treatment completed.

Thanks

1 Like

Can you please post or inbox me photo of area u wish to be treated, i might b able to advise what setting of candela should b use?
To prevent hypertrichosis, the client must hv regular commitment for the initial course of laser hair removal. First 4-6 sessions within a yr should give u around 70-80% reduction, provided your hair is densed, coarsed & dark and your skin is very fair.

1 Like