Just had my first LightSheer! I'm new here- Long Post!

Rainbow,
From what I know you are not supposed to pluck at all during treaments. This causes the hair to grow back thicker & makes the follicle stronger.
Not all hair that was “zapped” is going to fall out, it depends on which of the 3 growth stages it was in.
As far, as falling out in a couple days, I’ve had 5 treatments so far and it generally takes 2 1/2 to 3 weeks for me. You are lucky if it comes out in 2 days!!!
:smile:

Honestly I am very close to my second appointment…and I am still hairy. I too must shave and deal with every few days stubble… :frowning: I remember my laser lady told me that sometimes you may not see improvements till the 3rd or 4th treatment…I am just going to be patient…

Nolagirl just keep me posted on how things go for you…

I have not had anything for pain but am debating it for my second session.

Mz–

How long between your appointments? My lady said I could come next week-- does that sound crazy??

Let me know how everything goes.

–nola

p.s. I didn’t experience any pain with my 1st treatment. Was that because we only used 20 power? Does the sensation get more intense with a higher setting?

Hi Nola, I’ve been following your story. I have the same issue but only shaved underneath my jaw, down my throat. I haven’t decided yet if I will try laser or electrolysis. I’m curious if you know how quickly the hair grows back after successful laser treatment? And when it grows back does it grow back like the shaved stubble or does it grow back like the fine hair that used to be there? Good luck to you, thanks for sharing your story.

Well, I think if you read enough of the posts around here, you’ll see people with ALL KINDS of experiences with laser/electrolysis. Some have great, mediocre, or no success at all.

I’ll definitely keep you posted. Look around though. I’m not the one to give you answers… I’m confused as hell myself!!

Nolagirl,

I think to return before in 1 week for your next treatment is too soon. I think 4 weeks is the minimum due to the cycle of growth of the hairs. I fear you may be wasting money going back too soon.
Have you tried tend skin lotion? I cannot praise it enough for helping ingrowns. It is a bit pricy (about $20-25) but worth every penny in my opinion. Might help the whiteheads too, as some people use it as an astringent on the face and not just after shaving.

Perhaps you could talk to your Nurse about increasing the laser next visit especilaly if you tolerated it well, and if you don’t see much hair shedding by the next treatment.

I bet people aren’t noticing as much as you think they are. I confdided in 2 friends yesterday about my first laser and they both said they had never noticed the hair before! They could’ve been being polite!

Ride this out, think of it as a long journey, you could always opt out after say treatment 4 if you haven’t seen any improveement , but for now be patient.

My lady said since my reaction was so typical and mild (even though it seemed like hell for 2 days to me)… that we can definitely up the power next time. My skin is pretty much back to normal now-- I shaved this morning and I probably will have to again every morning, as usual.
I have two questions about shedding.

1. If the hairs are pushing out of the follicle because they’re dead… causing me to need to shave them… why don’t they just fall out all at once instead of doing what appears to be growing back as usual? This confuses me big time!

2. How will I know that the hairs are falling out??? They’re coarse and black, but they’re tiny and I won’t notice them falling out unless I see clumps on my pillowcase or something! Will there just be less and less stubble?

…thanks for everything, cal, and everyone. you’ve all been terrific. xoxo

[ March 25, 2004, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: nolagirl ]

Hi Nola,
to answer your questions…
#1: Lots of the hair might be not be in the active growth cycle now so they were not affected by the laser, therefore causing you to continue to shave.
#2: From my experience one day there’s hair and next thing I know it’s gone? Must just fall out washing or sleeping? Never see it!! :smile:

Nola
Well I am getting both my face and bikini area, and the appointment I first went on was in January and I am due back now on April 6th. 12 weeks apart!!! Sounded crazy to me, but I am doing what they tell me. So far the facial hair is still basically the same, but the bikni area is patchy and I like that…Just hope it becomes permanent patchy rather then just for a few months! :smile:

NOLA, well she asked you back a week later, just ask her is there any negatives to coming back so soon. Maybe she felt she did not do a good enough job. Honestly check and see why she wants you to come back. Did you call to let her know you were not happy with the results so far? I think try a few treatments to see how you like it. I am in a contract for 5 treatments…so I am going to wait and see if this works after 5…

I think it’s probably a little early to say I’m not happy with the results, although… yesterday I felt like it! No, I just called her to ask what I should look for and when I should know it’s time to come in. I’m going to give it awhile. I mean, hell, when I think about it, I’ve shaved and plucked for years… might as well give this a fighting chance without flipping out. Plus I don’t have money to burn.

Good luck with your second procedure, Mz. Keep me posted.

And Cuzn… I CANNOT IMAGINE simply waking up to find the hair gone. You must’ve felt amazing. I can’t wait.

xoxo
Nola

Just wanted to bump this back to the top -
Nolagirl -it’s now 2 weeks since you reported the red bumpy skin, and I wanted to and out if it’s improved at all.
When is your next laser session?

For me I’m now 2 weeks post my first Aurora treatment on upper lip, and am VERY pleased. The hair is growing back (patchy) one side is nearly hair free, the other has more hair regrowing!!?
I’m lucky as it doesn’t notice, and I haven’t needed to shave at all yet.
If this were the only treatment I needed I’d be quite happy - can’t wait for the other 5 treatments.

Well, it’s interesting. There are definitely SOME areas where hair has obviously fallen out-- mainly around my cheeks and sideburn area, where I shaved, not plucked, in the past. My chin/neck area is also much less stubbly, day to day… but still requires shaving. I think a lot fell out and a lot is still there! Should I make my next appointment?

P.S. The smooth areas feel SO good. I keep touching it and I cannot even imagine what it would be like to have my whole face like that permanently…

Hello
I had my second appointment today, and honestly, by now the hair that had shed and fallen out,seemed to have grown right back now. My practitioner (spell?) said that is due to a new cycle of hair growth.

Nolagirl, let me know if you experience hair that grows again after it sheds?

Today honestly this 2nd treatment was much better then the first, it did not hurt as much, since it was not near that time of the month…much better …and no real sun burning feel.

Nolagirl…do you remember the joules they used on your face?

I had face= 4 joules
bikinni = 18 or 21…oops I can not remember.

:smile:

I think 20 joules on my face. This is so strange, sometimes I feel like there’s a ton of stubble there, sometimes not. I guess this laser business is a big game of ‘wait and see’, huh?

I know the smooth areas are going to get stubbly again. Poo.

Hmmm I think maybe she gave me the wrong joules…because I know she up’d it since I still have the same amount of dark facial hair…

today I feel it …a bit like a sun burn

My laser place makes you wait a minimum of 6 weeks in between treatments.

I had my first laser on my underarms on March 30, and I think that I do finally see a small reduction in hairs. They are definitely growing in slower, and the amount of follices I see “underneath” the skin even when I just shave, seems to be less.

My next appt for underarms is May 11, the soonest they’ll let me come back in!

I also worked up the courage to call and get an appt for my back today, which has very fine dark hair so I’m hoping the laser will work on that too. !