Just got my first laser treatment

New Update…

I just got my most recent treatment on Saturday. My chin had been a problem spot but last month we zapped the hell, er, hair out of it… I was unable to find any regrowth where I had previously had sideburns, and there were only a couple dozen hairs on my chin (above the area that we focused extra blasts on last time).

At this point, my main areas of ‘publically-viewable’ hair are now worry-free. I no longer have to check my cheeks for unwanted hair before I go somewhere. It all seems a distant memory… or nightmare.

I HIGHLY recommend the Candela GentleLase Plus to anyone needing hair removal. We don’t do anything to “prep” my skin for treatment. Afterwards, she will apply some aloe vera. By the time I wake up the next day, my skin feels perfectly normal with no marking at all.

If anyone is struggling with excess hair like I was, I can’t stress enough how wonderful this has been. I feel so much more confident in my appearance. My boyfriend can touch my face now. I only wish I had started sooner.

Just wanted to post on this thread that here in San Diego, The Institute for Aesthetic Medicine is finally getting their Comet in next week. I’ve been sufficiently convinced they are a good outfit to go with and it ends a lot of sidewalk pounding and phone time. I’m gonna get the first treatment on my back at $299 per session, 10% off with package deals. It’s about average for the prices I’ve found here in San Diego. But the fact that this is with a Comet is the main determiner for me. They told me to shave my back before hand. How I’m gonna get the nerve to ask my girlfriend to do that is beyond me. I’ve only known her for a few months, uhh, nevermind. Maybe I’ll just go to my haircutter. I’ll tip her good so she won’t laugh.

I guess I am now at the 9 month mark. At this point I am going for treatments every 6 weeks. I only have a hair or two where I used to have sideburns, and still a couple dozen hairs on the front of my chin (jaw line). I think this last time we must have finally cleared the underside of my chin, though I know by the time I go in again (July 6th I think), there will be a few little guys there to zap.

We’re at the point now where she doesn’t want me to shave so she can see where it’s still growing. My arms and underarms make huge improvements each time. I know I still have a long way to go on them.

It does kinda frustrate me that some ads seem to say you would only need 4-6 treatments. I would say that a year of treatments is a safer bet. I suppose it’s a good advertising gimmick though, but I would gladly go through this all over again at this point. I started a new job last month and I can’t even describe how great it is to be around people who don’t even know I used to have a problem with hair… how amazing it is not to have to check my face before I leave the house. I may have said this before… and again, I’m sorry I don’t post often, but my hair isn’t a big part of my life anymore.

Yes I also like Candela Gentlelase. I’ve had similar results and my face is 3/4 hair-free. I’ve only done 5 treatments and i believe I will only need 3 or 4 more. I’ve had good results even though they have to turn down the power a little because I’m hispanic with olive skin. My hair is dark so that helps!

Best regards.

Tu mamacita.

thanks for continuing to share your results. it’s really helpful. my suggestion would be to wait until the new set of hairs start to grow in before you go in for your next treatment. it’s really most cost-effective for you since the hair isin anagen stage when it just starts growing in – the stage where it has to be to be killed. if you’re only shedding now, would you really have new hairs grown in in less than 2 weeks?