I'm a 35 year old male gorilla

Hi stoppit! If it is ok to ask, why you’d rather have electrolysis even having a good results with laser?

I live near Cleveland, Ohio.

You know. When I had laser hair removal in 2003 for my back it became worse I thought. At least that was my impression. Not its like my chest and stomach. Just as bad.

SO this morning I read through most of the posts in this thread. I am siked about the responses it got. Others are actually interested in this. I felt alone for my entire life in this suffering. Now, after reading I found a debate among electrolysis and laser, but no definitive answers. Why? How can one work and the other work? One way must be the right way and the other wrong. Even if I had a terrible electrolysis person and a incompetent laser person that is some bad luck then. You can understand my apprehension in attempting to go through this again. Let me explain what I have going on. I am caucasion and have black/dark thick hair on my chest stomach shoulders and back. I should be a prime candidate for this to work. But with both attempts it failed to permanently remove any hair. In fact the back seems worse now. What can/should I do. Where can I go to make this back, shoulders, chest and stomach hair go away for good?

Perhaps your back started with fine hair and laser stimulated it to be coarse? Unfortunately, I have no idea how your back was back then.

How far away are you from Columbus? Hairtell’s very own Dee Fahey is an electrologist who works there. She is a wonderful woman and I guarantee you she can get rid of ALL of your hair.

http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/64153/Re_Columbus_Gahanna_New_Albany.html

Wow if you could work with her, I think you will be VERY VERY happy. Even if you can’t work with her, I am sure she could give you a recommendation of someone nearby. I can’t imagine she doesn’t know anyone in Cleveland.

I’m very happy for your Clevo!! You can very well be hair free!! Start by contacting Dee and go from there.

That’s amazing, Columbus is a 2 and a 1/2 hour drive from me, but if it is the difference of a major area of hair on my back being gone forever I’m game.

So what is a common area for an electrolysis to clear in one session? The person who posted the pictures of the 21 year old male seemed to really get a big area cleared. The experience I had was the size of a 2 US quarters in a session and it still grew back. I just so want this gone. I’ve suffered way to long with this and I want to be liberated form it. NOW!

If I recall, Dee can in fact do long sessions (5-6 hours at a time.) You’ll have to contact her though for details, but I know for sure she is a wonderful electrologist (I haven’t personally had treatment by her but she has helped me through this whole process.) If I recall, Dee can treat 800+ hairs/hour. It’s hard to say the surface area because it depends on the density of your hair. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if she can even refer you to someone in Cleveland.

Ditto Brenton’s suggestion of Dee.

You’ve read the posts and have an idea of my views, so I’m not going to over my reasons again but IMO if you have a skilled electrologist who can deal with large areas it is better than the best Laser treatment. One reason is because it is truly permanent and while I used to think the same of Laser, now I think the jury is still out.

My sister and traveled out of country for this kind of electrolysis treatment, so it is something I favour - using a far a radius as you can in your search for the best treatment. And then, if one finds such an electrologist it should be their first choice.

Brenton’s suggestion of Laser first, even though I wouldn’t do it myself anymore (and yes, because I have access to a wonderful electrologist), is still something to consider. You do need to do your homework to find the right clinic and then stick to only the very coarse hair areas. You can get a reduction with Laser and then “tidy-up” with Dee, whether that is total hair removal or making it look natural. I believe Dee suggests Laser reduction first as a route for body areas anyway.

Perhaps clevo can take a trip to Spain to visit Josefa as well ;). I know I want to do that one day.

One thing you could do is work with Dee (or someone local) on your back, and during the time your back is being treated, if your hair is coarse enough, you could consider doing laser on your chest to greatly reduce that at the same time. Just a thought.

Financially that trips to Spain is impossible right now. I work in Law Enforcement and was laid off 8 months ago. I went back to school to finish my Bachelors so money is tight all around. Maybe I can be a test dummy for a new hair removal method? Or for used as a practice piece for a hair removal school? Ha,ha.

Law enforcement?? That’s really cool! So you’re the guy that goes around and beats up some bad guys? :wink: Putting it this way, which guy on law and order do you play? :stuck_out_tongue:

Columbus has opened an electrolysis school (at least I assume it’s open by now):

If you opt to get treated by a student in training, you can often get dirt cheap rates (probably around $10-20/hour – I think that is what it costs for being treated by a student at the electrolysis school in Southern California). It may be slower unless you get a more experienced student, but it may be financially better for you. Dee could probably direct you better because she lives in that area. You could also discuss with your electrologist about a payment plan where you pay overtime instead of after each session. Not sure how many electrologists will go with that plan, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

I would be all about that, but my student loans are near maxed out. No way I could pay for that tuition. That is high. i imagine that I would be a very motivated electrolysis person though. I know what its like to suffer with this. I would be on a mission to remove everyone’s body hair.

The tuition would be for training to become an electrologist. What I am saying is that you can pay a cheap rate for a student to essentially “practice” on you. How else will students practice? They need people which is why you can get such a cheap rate.

I would so do that. I wonder how possible this would be. Hmm.

Just call the school and ask. Maybe they could even have multiple students work on you at once. I know when I visited a teacher at an electrolysis school, she told me that while she worked on me, she could have a student work on another area at the same time.