Hypopigmentation after laser treatment burns (photo)

Dear irenael,
I ve came across you post as i recently had hair laser removal burns all over my legs.
Its almost two months and my legs now have hypo pigmentation.
I ve been to several dermatologist and plastic surgeon doctors to search for a treatment.
Some of them advised me to start exposing my legs to the sun, with sunblock for 2-3 minutes per day.
Others suggested me to start light therapy with a specific ultraviolet light. Others suggested me to stay away from the sun for at least one year.
I am really confused and my psychology is so bad. My legs are destroyed. I ve tried to wear a shorts once at night but i couldnt stand how people where looking at my legs.
Did you manage to overcome this?
Do you

still have the white spots ?
I am so sad that this happened to me and i dont know what to do.

2 Likes

Hello dear. I am so sorry about this , i know exactly how you feel now, with it. A terrible feeling of a life destroyed and injustice. But, donā€™t worry dear. It goes away with time. Sun exposure and infrared light didnā€™t help me - I tired! Just TIME helping time. And you need patience because it takes a long time. I saw the first signs of pigment mumps in my legs after 4 months. Lower leg - 12 months. Today I can go with a short one and no one notices, but I still notice very delicate bright marks. I encourage you not to give up the clinic, and go to a good lawyer. I won a very nice compensation with my lawyer

My legs today, after 13 month. You can see the difference. And you can see itā€™s almost good now. I was already wearing a short dress and nobody noticed.

4 Likes

Wow that is as bad as I have seen for hypopigmentation. Iā€™m going to suggest you follow the other posters advice, give it lots of time to heal, I would NOT expose your legs to UV light, excessively as this may complicate matters, and seek good legal advice.I believe you do have a good case for compensation.

Dear irenael,
Thank you for contacting me.
Its true the situation is horrible.
I am so happy that you got rid of the white spots and you can continue your life.
I hope that i will manage to get rid of the marks soon!
I have already spoke to a lawyer for my problem and next week i am gonna start the procedure.
From what i ve learned this lady doesnt even have the appropriate license to use the laser.
Thank you for contacting meā€‹:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Dear lluv2zap,

Thank you for contacting me.
Yes my legs look horrible i know.
I am so angry with this situation and i am not gone leave her like that.
I have all ready spoke to a lawyer and next week i am gone start the procedure.
All ready i have spend almost 600ā‚¬ to doctors and creams.
Yesterday i stayed in the sun with sunscreen for few minutes but i dont think its the right time to do it as i dont fell comfortable.

I hope that the marks will go away or at least to see a difference soon! :pray:t2::pray:t2:

Hey slalom,
I also experienced some sort of hypopigmentation after LHR on my cheekbones.
I will tell you what I did - in the first six months I barely expose my face to the sun and it was really hard because its not legs that you could cover with pants and im love in the sunny israel!
anyway after this six months I noticed improvement and after that I felt more comfortable to start expose my face to the sun (with sunscreen) and now I could barley see the hypopigmentation and I feel like the sun helped too.
I know your feeling and even when people tell you it will improve - when you see that daily it really depressing and stressful, but believe me - in that dark period I did a huge research and I think I read all the information that exist about hypopigmentation online - in 95% of the cases it improved really well - just give it time!

4 Likes

Hi there,
Thank you for the info you gave me so much hopeā€¦
i am scary to expose my legs to the sun , i can feel that my skin is really vulnerable at the moment.
I will stay out of the sun although i have to go on holidays in one month i will not go to the beach.
Thank u again!
:heart::heart:

1 Like

Guys, stay away from laser. It is radiation. Laser is a fancy word for radiation.

For the hypopigmentation: try Fade Bright by Platinum Skin Care. It is Alpha Arbutin, natural substance that temporarily inhibits pigment production. It will fade rest of your pigment temporarily and slowly your skin will produce more pigment over time. When my clients have hypopigmentation from electrolysis I always tell them get the Fade Bright. It is the same concept.
Plus, take good amount of Vitamin D.
I hope it helps.
Paula

Yes, good one. This is one of the ways to go about it.

Hi dear, are you sure that ā€œFade Brightā€ by Platinum Skin Care is a good idea for HYPO? Itā€™s marked as lightening gel, that can fade pigmentation quickly, maybe itā€™s good for Hyperpigmentation, not Hypo ? We are dealing with white spots now

Hello, Fade Bright consists alpha arbutin itā€™s inhibiting the pigment temporarily. It will slow down your pigment production and will make the skin look lighter. Over period of time you stop using this and your skin will resume the production of the pigments and it will even out those spots.
If doubt try on a small area and see how you will respond to it.

If you have ANY TAN DONā€™T DO ANY TYPE OF LASER TREATMENT. If you have a tan you will burn or get hyperpigmentation. That is rule one is doing laser treatments. Sorry the tech didnā€™t know that.

1 Like

Hello Slalom-- I am very sorry this happened as well! I can tell you that over time the white spots will fade, but you should definitely see what the salon plans to do to compensate you for this problem. Some practitioners have insurance that will cover treatment to improve the appearance.

Do you have an update on this now?? Curious how itā€™s progressed.

Hi Slalom,

I was hoping to get an update with your situation. Same thing happened to me in September 2019 and my white marks have only faded very minimally. In search of some good news/hope.

Hi Girls,

My spots have almost gone.
I used everyday creams to hydrate my legs and stayed away from the sun. I went for a trip to bali three months ago and the sun helped me a lot. I wasnt staying a lot in the sun , i was using sun block off course all the time.
I live in Greece and now the weather is perfect so i stayed in the sun everyday for few minutes.

Thank you all for help and your interest!
Hope everyone is safe with the corona virus situtaton!

1 Like

5 Likes

Omg wow I am truly amazed with the before and after shots! You went in the sun and exposed your legs wok sunscreen everyday and your pigment came back? How long did it take for your pigment to come back? Your picture is giving me hope!!!

2 Likes