How to find an electrologist in your area

Thanks Seana! Its good to know that there’s a solution for me, I just have to travel to find it.

The UK has several qualified electrologists you can find theough the BEA site. Theres also Beate Ritzert in Manheim Germany, Adien Sanchez in Malaga Spain and Mairi in scotland.

Seana

So it would be okay to say I’m going for electrolysis? I don’t mind them knowing, i just don’t want to be grilled by the border patrol.

/they arent going to bat an eyelash but they might ask you what electrolysis is. The border patrol dont care if you are getting a service here. They are looing for evasion, and any indication you might overstay your welcome.

As Seana and Dee say these hairs can be treated successfully, however it’s not a quick process upper arms can take 15-20 hours each a back 30- 40 abdomen 20-30 hours it’s really depends on clients tolerance and how clear they want the skin to be. BUT it can be done. It is for the skilled experienced professionals only. There are a few near in Spain

To copy a previous request for recommendations from a few pages ago… can anyone recommend a good and talented electrologist anywhere near the Boston, MA area (I have no problem with traveling an hour out of town) who’s willing to do full brazilian electro?

I’ve been seeing my current electrologist for 2-3 hours a week for a year (and getting electro for even longer than that) and she tweezes so much that I’ve spent over $6000 on next to no visible reduction in hair. When I try to discuss this with her, she says it’s too dangerous to risk scarring by using a stronger zap. I’m feeling taken advantage of and very stupid, but it’s so nerve-wracking to shop around for such an intimate procedure.

“The only way you are going to settle on someone is get as many consults and short treatments as possible, so you can compare skill level.”

That does sound time-consuming, with no guarantee of what I’m looking for.

“I removed coarse hairs from male toes this week. It took about 9 minutes per toe, He was cleared in 43 minutes. He tolerated it well, but it was not painless. I always use high intensity and lower timing (PicoFlash) and I “pull, press and pinch” on this sensitive area to fool the nerve impulses. That seems to help, but you still have to be courageous and bold to get it cleared and keep it cleared over time. You can take whatever pain medication you use for a headache to take off the edge. You can ice the area above where work is being done?”

I’m looking for something that will not be at the edge of what I can tolerate; I’m looking to be safely numbed so that there’s barely any pain. Are there any beauty clinics offering electrology that have people on staff to legally administer pain medications?

Without an effective pain medication, or a method or machine that diminishes the pain by half (and even that is pushing it), electrology is not something I can tolerate, and I will have to move on to other methods.

there are only two that I know of, e3000 in houston texas and about you hair removal in chicago. These clinics have doctor supervised lidocaine injections. There’s also a clinic in I think it’s switzerland I heard mention of recently.
None of these places are cheap. No they will not come to you.I dont hear the best of reviews out of any of them and am not making any kind of recommendation. You’re better off moving on to other methods if that is what you are intent on.

Seana, I would add to that list Yanhee Hospital in Thailand, Jade Electrolysis franchise/chain in Canada, and 2Pass Clinic in Belgium for anesthetic beyond topical creams.

I was told by an electrologist that different areas of the body respond better to topical creams. She told me that, for some people at least, the lower legs will often be totally pain-free when topical cream is used on them. I haven’t had experience with electrolysis on my shins and ankles, so I don’t have any first-hand experience myself. I do know that I experienced pain on my knees and just below my knees with topical anesthetic. I myself have experience total painlessness when I had topical cream on the backs of upper arms, and an area on the back of my thigh (I left it on for 3 hours on my thigh before the blasting). Other places, such as my neck, face, belly, and chest would experience pain even with topical cream. On these other areas, I didn’t leave the cream on for more than 2 hours at the most; sometimes only 1 hour. I heard that you should put on 5% lidocaine cream 30 minutes before facework, and 3 hours before body work (not 3 hours for mucous membranes, such as genitals or inside the nose or mouth!!! (yes, mouth: watch 6:10 to 8:07 of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWQoJuOs_Jc )).

But don’t just blindly follow my advice; I’m not an electrologist; read the instructions and follow the advice of your physician and pharmacist to double-check; don’t just follow what I say, because maybe my electrologist was just giving me advice that was applicable to me only. Your medical history could be totally unique to you an not representative of the average person.

An electrologist told me that some of her clients are dental hygienists, and they steal lidocaine injections from their dentist’s office (illegally) and inject themselves with it, which gives you about a 1-inch or so diameter circle (so this electrologist tells me. I’ve never had a lidocaine injection so far, and I’ve never witnessed one).

You could go to Yanhee Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand for lidocaine injections:

http://www.yanhee.net/hair-removal

The Hairtell user "Kostik’ has posted many photos of the big syringes that were used at Yanhee!:

Kostik had this machine (HR-5000 by IME) and these probes used on him for the Kobayashi-Yamada method of high-powered thermolysis:

In Canada, Jade Electrolysis used a Madajet at least in the past, which vortexes the anesthetic into the skin using needles; I don’t know if they still use that method or not anymore. I know that at least at some point in the year 2017, for an extra $90/hour, you can book a nurse to inject you with anesthetic. I don’t know if they use a Madajet to do this or traditional needles. Perhaps they are still offering that option; I don’t know.

1:39-2:03 is when the electrologist mentions the use of the Madajet in electrology.

http://www.hairfreeforlife.com/having-a-pain-free-experience/ :

"One way we can help limit the discomfort is by freezing the treatment area through the use of a topical or local anaesthetic.’

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/jade-electrolysis-langley :

This above yelp review (there is only one so far) and the response both talk about anesthetic.

Someone with the username "Lucia M.’ wrote on the website:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Zc8VIsfXxfIJ:https://www.groupon.com/biz/langley/jade-electrolysis+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca :

"Will end up costing you alot more with the nurse and local anesthetic, but well worth it to not be in pain. Lisa and the nurse were wonderful.’

2Pass Clinic:
Ringlaan 51
2600 Berchem
Belgium

Says they use a “pain pump”:

https://www.2passclinic.com/contact/international-transport/
https://www.2passclinic.com/permanent-hair-removal/pain-pump/

the 2pass clinic is the one I was thinking of in europe, thanks the name of it slipped my mind.
I have never heard of jade electrolysis and dont know anything about them.

What are the requirements to include my name/business in the “Electrologist in your area” list?

I have done a search for my area and nothing comes up? Perhaps admin can email me with requirements and/or suggestions.

You can make a post in the area you are operating in, without in fact going through an admin. Alternatively, you can forward the information to Andrea, Myself of Dee Fahey and we will make the post for you.

1 Like

Welcome! I just upgraded you to HairTell Pro and added your listing here:

1 Like

Does anyone have recommendations for electrologists in Pennsylvania?

Does anyone know a good electrologist in Toronto for marathon full-body electrolysis?

Any recommended electrologists in Adelaide, South Australia? Want to clear back, neck, shoulders, chest, stomach

Good afternoon,

I’m new to the forum and would like to know if there is any Professional Electrolysis in Portugal? My story is great with laser hair removal. I suffer from Paradoxical Hair on my back and shoulders and needed help. Thanks for the forum. It is very useful.

Here are two:

https://visage.pt/

Hi! I am looking for the master in electrolysis in Sweden (Gothenburg or Kungalv). Would be grateful for the contacts.

Hello everyone

I want to remove my transplant (1000 grafts on my hairline) and i’m shure electrolysis is the way.

So have you got few recommendations in Germany, Belgium, UK (near London), Holland, even Spain ? I’m aware that in France (I’m French) it’s too complicated as the industry isn’t that developed so I’m willing to travel a lil bit but not toooo far as it is a multiple times treatment !

Thanks a lot for your advices