How Important is the "Repetition Rate" in Hz ?

JMISR is quite knowledgeable in laser based on his posts. I think it is an asset to have him on this Forum. With regards to
the Elite MPX, it has unfortunately limitations at certain spot sizes and fluences with high repetition rates. For example, you can not treat at 18 mm spot, 20 joules 1.5 HZ with 3 ms, like the Gentlelase does.

What I had said is that the Clinic that Edokid goes to does not want to spend 2 hours treating him at 22 Joules with a 18 mm spot size at 1 HZ. By the way he ONLY way you can achieve 22 Joules with an 18 mm spot size with this laser is by treating at 10 msc pulse width and at 1 Hz. At 1.5 Hz with 18 mm spot size, you can treat at 5 msec, 16 Joules. This laser has limitations.

Regarding continuous speed at 2 Hz , 18 spot, check out the NEW GENTLELASE PRO that was announced TODAY at the ASLMS!!!

We will have a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT by this coming Wednesday.

Thanks for the follow-up and comment (re knowledgeable and asset to the forum :cool:) .

That’s too bad that the MPX still has limitations at 1.5 Hz. Hopefully the dual mode will be useful for some.

Going to check out the new GentleLase Pro now.

It is a good laser and I think that they are working on some upgrades.

I understand that part, I don’t mean the other paramaters. I’ve only had 2 treatments with the MPX the rest were with the original apogee elite. During the first treatment she used 18mm 15 joules and 10ms with 2hz. I told her 15 seemed low, because the only other alex 18mm I’d used was GentleLASE where I was treated around 22 joules. She told me that requires a low repetition rate to achieve and that it would make the treatment take way too long. I don’t care much about how the settings work, I’m more wanting to know if 15j at these settings is the same as using a higher fluence like 22 joules with the settings that achieves that. If it’s the same results then I don’t care about speed. Romeo you told me in a PM that she’s using this setting because she wants to go fast, so I’m just confused why JMISR is saying that 1Hz vs 2Hz doesnt’ make a big difference in terms of time.

To answer if I’m happy with the MPX I can’t really say. All my treatments were with Apogee Elite 15mm alex which I love as a machine. I switched clinics and did forearms with the above settings, and did legs once but was 15mm and the yag because I was tanned but haven’t had time to go back.