Help needed, seriously considering laser

I would like to give an update on my LHR treatments. Sorry for not posting sooner. After my first treatment, I noticed about a 30% clearance. My second treatment was on 8/9/10, about 11 weeks after the initial session. During this session I asked for the Gentlelase on all areas. The settings were 18mm 18J on all areas except the scrotum, which was reduced to 16J. Here is a copy of an email I sent to the provider about the short term results of the second treatment: "Since my last treatment everything is going well, with the exception of one mentionable area. All of the areas treated have shown good response (there are two very small areas on upper-inside and lower-outside left thigh missed), except the scrotal area. The hair in this area is quite long, nearly as long as the hair on the aforementioned lower thigh area, and quite the same length as the upper.

I am not 100% sure of the reason for this because the growth is mostly concentrated in the middle (with sparse growth close to the shaft) the sides seem to show good results, generally speaking. From the response I cannot deduce if this growth results from misses or if it is due to cyclical causes. If it were cyclical, would not the sides also present the same growth?

The other treated areas are showing good results at this time. Just wanted to touch base with you about this, and I’ll look forward to hearing from you in the future."

The provider responded “Hi. Don’t worry so much about the areas that were missed because we will get them evenually. That is one of the reasons for multiple treatments. As far as the scrotal area, are the hairs falling out after the treatments? Glad to hear the other areas are doing well. Thanks”

On October the 1st, I went in for my third session. This was about 8 weeks after my second treatment. I noted about a 70% clearance on my legs before this visit. I was hoping to have waited longer between sessions, but the hairs that were growing did get long enough to justify a return visit. It has been over 5 weeks since my last visit and there is a notable amount of growth in the genital area, little growth in the abdomen area and no growth on the legs.

My provider talked about doing treatments at different times for different areas do to the growth cycles. What are the recommendations of the hairTell community about this topic?

Once again, many thanks for all your help.

Best regards,
Lise

Legs have the longest hair cycles. If possible, you should get treatments every 10-12 weeks on that area.

For the other areas, anywhere from 8-12 weeks is suitable.

As always, thank you LA Girl for your help. You are awesome!

Anohter question: before the second and third treatments I asked about increasing to 20J. The tech replied that we were getting good results at 18J without getting burned. Should I really push for the higher setting upon my next treatment?

Many thanks,
Lise

18J on 18mm is fine. Not really necessary to push unless you really want to.