Help! Am I going to have scars?

I think there’s a big difference between the 2 break downs of treatment ( one due to incompetence the other a reportedly reputable electrologist who’s been doing for thermolysis for 25 years) so I’m going to address this particular clients problem so I’mm just going to expand on what I think has really occurred in this case. But yes I’d love to see any pictured you’ve got.
The question here is whether this person, has true electrolysis scarring so I’m going to address that part of the question.

First, I want to talk about the pattern of the “damage” that we all seem to see here.Have you noticed that the bulk of the damage seems to be in two thumb sized areas on each side of the chin and most of the redness and discolouring of the skin us concentrated in these areas then with a sprinkling down the neck and starting across the cheeks?This is the hallmark starting pattern of hair growth of the Poly cystic ovarian syndrome sufferer. This is exactly what happens you get two patches of VERY dense growth and then it starts to spread across the face. This is important because of the hair density in these two areas.can mean that if you clear this area in one session , as looks to have occurred here, you run the risk of energy from one follicle bleeding over into an adjoining follicle which is also treated and the result, being overtreatment… In severe cases this can cause lymph fluid leakage but not matter what you do, unless the electrologist seriously turns down her energy to help compensate, overtreatment can and will occur.This will cause inflamation which will give an irregular texture in the skin ( sometimes for weeks) and red blotchy inflammation. But we are looking at this, at when it’s at it’s worst, appearance wise, barely 4 weeks after clearance.The inflamation has occurred and the skin has an uneven texture and hue as a result, but this is NOTHING like it will look in the passage of time. Usually we cannot tell if scarring will result for 9-10 months or more . The skin does have wonderful healing characteristics and will AMAZE you. But ya, looking at it, right now, the skin looks a little on the rough side. But we dont have enough information yet to know that any kind of scarring has occurred and in fact the incidence of long term scarring from electrolysis treatments, especially by a competent practitioner, is a surprisingly rare occurrence. What we see in these pictures is not indicative of long term damage and I think the probability of that, is actually pretty low.

If I could pass one bit of advice tot he electrologist in question however, it would be to say that clear-cutting the PCOS patches just isn’t worth it. Split it up into at least 2 sessions to prevent this kind of reaction in the future.

Seana

Hi there Mystic123,
I’m wondering how things are for you now? Is your skin recovering?
Hope so :blush:

Hi there! That’s not normal for sure. I had electrolysis on my face and it didn’t look like that for sure.

Hi!
Did the pitting fade? I’m in the same boat and it’s making me super stressed out :confused: