Harmony

thermolysis IS electrolysis. it’s one method out of 3 methods of electrolysis.

Well, I had a consult again at the IPL and electrolysis. she zapped me as a test with the IPL on the light setting and intense. Light to let me know how it would feel in the private areas. Package is if I pay up front for all treatments, 1600 off the total. So for ears eyebrow, nipples, bekini, buttocks,stomache, anal,back of upper arms, 7000 less 1600 if I pay up front. If I do legs and armpits full chest, basically full body, 7600. Electrolysis on any stubborn gray or hairs. She never would tell me what kind of IPL, said they are all intense light I believe. She has been doing electrolysis since 1958 I think. I then consulted with a clinic that uses Alexandrite and thermolysis. For bikini, butt,part of back of thigh, upperback side of arms, abdomen,nipples,ears,private areas. 30 minutes to do them and no packages just 410.00 per treatment. No gaurentees on how many 5-8, but could be 12. One more place I might call on Mon. It is suppose to be electrolisis with another treatment of ??? Electrolysis refered them, as I said I was trying to find a place that offered more than one treatment and not a chain. I am attracted to the thermoysis and alexandrite clinic. I have fair skin and dark brown and light brown hair. I think they are saying I’m a 3 type. The 410 if I managed to clear all in 5-8 is the best so far. They know the IPL said she has raised her prices as they use to be priced very close. I am going to ask the alexandrite how much if I just do every thing. My ears have the lightest hair, a few dark most lighter than the light brown else were. I don’t remember if alexandrite has discomfort to it, nervous about the private areas. I was sort of attracted to the Harmony from the posts. Haven’t found one local, maybe not best for my type. Since it is newer might be more expensive for treatments? I hope I am not rushing but would like to settle and get a 1st in this next week. Sort of running out of time to go shopping on this. But will at least make a call to the one and maybe another? I don’t like the 410 per treatment and no telling how many it will take statement, although maybe quite true. But think you felt alexandrite was best laser for my situation. From other posts sounds like sometimes it dose take more than 5-8. I may talk my self into holding out. I leave for 12 days or so after the holiday. I just got it in my head to try to get a first before I left. I don’t have much gray, but then who is counting? Will check back latter. This place has really been a great help. I will have to donate or join. Soon, wings

I would be leery of paying up front. What happens if the close down or the tech gets sick? I never priced the whole body at one because when I started I wasn’t sure how much area I was going to have lasered and I didn’t know if I was going to like the results. Turns out I did like the results but I didn’t want to be locked in.

My practitioner doesn’t push packages. She wants her clients to be happy and not feel locked in with a high prepayment. If they are happy they will keep coming back willingly.

RJC2001

Hello, I almost for got to check today. I realized I rushed a bit on my last post. The Alexandrite clinic is only offering the 410 price for this month only. They didn’t say how much after. Because others offer package discounts, if one removes more. I really started bouncing. Actually to go total feels cold naked, rawly exposed, if you will. Already I have little on chest, heaviest on upper back of legs (but light brown in color). I can’t grow a beard or even side burns, buttocks nearly blank. Goatee and stach then nearly nothing. Armpits and forarms decent hair growth, still far from a bear. Most areas light brown,stomache and frontal bekinni, eyebrows dark brown.So I do agree with your statments; basically I think this clinic said about the same. They said sometimes packages really end up more money??? At 410 each time, which its not, if I don’t add more I am probably past were I’d like to be, par for any course with me. I’m notsure fo other areas. So this is 4 clinics, most relaxed with the IPL person, then Alexandrite, leaving the two chain clinics. Not sure on the clinic I am going to call, just know its electroysis and another method , they will be along drive to go to, but its only every what ever? Can’t be sure but really leaning towards the alexandrite people. This place left to call is in an area that may not have the overhead these others have. I have been going in the high rent districts of town so far, this one is out a bit? I shall return. Happy returns to all, wings

i agree with RC2001. everyone’s reaction to laser is different and results are different on various parts of the body for various people. I would go with alexandrite definitely. IPLs do take more treatments. I would lean towards a clinic that doesn’t tell you in exactly how many treatments you will be done. everyone’s different, there is not way to predict. for most, its 5-8, but depends on hair color, how coarse, etc.

for light brown hair, make sure they use highest settings possible for your skin type because it’s gonna be hardest to treat since it doesnt have as much dark pigment as black hair. also, you mentioned that some areas barely had any hair – I would consider electrolysis on those areas if the hair that’s there is very sparse, and especially if it’s light. for some, laser can stimulate more growth on areas where you barely had anything to begin with.

areas with coarse hair like bikini and underarms will get the best results, so definitely start out with those in your first treatments and I would recommend adding other areas when you have a chance to see how those are responding. also, watch you spot test and see what happens…if you see shedding etc.

i wouldn’t be too worried about “specials” and sales. all clinics use that to lure you in. most of the time, once you come back, they will still honor the same price. they want customers. so do your research and don’t rush. there is plenty of competition out there now, so everyone does what they need to to gain business.