hair ibhibitors

no…i dont work for Kalo. i know you cant tell this online but i swear i’m seeing some sort of results. i just hope that kalo can keep this up and is not a disappointment in the end. only time will tell.

I am currently tweezing both feet and using Kalo on the right one. It’s only been slightly more than two weeks so I obviously can’t see any results yet, but maybe in two months or so I’ll give you an update. Even if it doesn’t work I’ll just get my money back.

Quarterman, they didn’t answer your question because that’s not what the product is intended for.

And no, Jon does not work for Nisim. I’m 99.9 percent sure, just from reading the posts he makes on the Nisim message board.

[ June 05, 2002, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: Malanagaster ]

yeah malan., i had a lot of questions when i started using kalo and for a while thereafter. i dont say much on the nisim message board anymore.

Welcome, Melanagaster! Definitely keep us posted over the next year!

I agree that I think almost everyone so far on the board is on the up and up, including Jon. We had someone from one of the quack boards here early on, but they don’t seem to post any more.

As I’ve said, I am very glad to have consumers of hair inhibitors posting here. We’ll try to be more specific about consumer experiences here, compared to the quack forums.

i remember once that some1 on the message board said that most of the posts were against kalo and 1 day latter some1 called “Brenda H” (if she has a last name she must be a real person) said that “kalo was working for her” how stupid do they think we are? she never posted before and again

That message does look a little suspicious, Quaterman. It sounds like one of those “testimonials” you see on late night infomercials.

I really hope that you’re wrong, though. That’s a pretty dirty way to sell something, although it’s probably very effective.

Still, I’m convinced that most, if not all, of the posters on the Kalo message board are legit. The true test is whether the results they are seeing can last.

Hey, I’m glad I found this site, it’s very informative. But, from the looks of it, you(as in the webmaster) haven’t even tried most of these products so I’m unsure as to whether you should be giving them such a bad rep? Are you the ultimate skeptic? (I don’t mean to be rude, but in my lifetime I’ve seen many people say “That can’t be possible” only for them to see first hand results, ultimately changing their whole idealism of such issues).

Although, I don’t really feel like being ripped off, I’m still open to trying products before saying they’re worthless - Due to the fact that I cannot stand hair, and hate wasting time removing it. With that said, I definitely want something that will work. I’m new to the whole hair inhibitor theory, it seems too great to be true, but am willing to give it a try. From the looks of it “Kalo” is a possibility? I had given serious consideration to “Ultra Hair Away”, but their sites are filled with so much hype, and such big promises, that it does make me wonder, and having you point out all of their mirror sites makes it seem a little shady.

Here’s where I stand on hair removal - I’ve tried depilatory lotions such as “Nair”, which of course, do not work, smells horrific, burns my sensitive skin, and should not be sold, unless people want to use it as a smelly air fresherner(some people have bad smell fetishes). I hate shaving, it’s so futile, the hair grows back immediately, it’s so time consuming, razor burn, nicks, cuts, scars, headache. Waxing, can you say “self inflicted pain”? Then you have to wait for the hair to grow out enough for you to re-yank it out, yay? Tweezing - I don’t mind doing my eye brows with this, but it does hurt like hell, and makes my eyes water. The only thing I like about this, is looking at the root, after a highly successful yank, hahahaha. As for any other part of the body, it’s too much pain, and would take forever, & I haven’t even bothered trying(probably because I’m not completely brain dead, but who knows what those depilatory lotions have done to my valuable brain cells). So along comes the info, that there’s supposedly a product that gradually makes hair growth non existent, I must say the whole idea is thrilling, I only hope it works. I will research it further and try to find out if there’s something extraordinary out there, that I have missed.

Well, thanks to all who’ve shared their stories about various products. If I get around to trying something, I will come back here and tell you all about my progress, or therefore lack of.

Goodluck to each of you in your search of finding the miracle product that will forever remove this wretched hair.

I think a product like Kalo is definitely worth a shot. It has a money back guarantee so you have nothing to lose. Most of the messages on their board have been positive, so I think that Kalo has some effect on the hair.

However, lately I’ve been doubting its “permanent” results. It just seems a little hard to believe that a nonpresciption herbal cream could have a permanent effect. Nisim also sells a shampoo that stops hairloss, and an extract that will regrow hair. A small Canadian company has discovered an end to hirsutism and male pattern baldness? That seems pretty unbelievable to me.

Well, whatever, I’m still going to try it and hope for the best.

[ June 08, 2002, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Malanagaster ]

Jaclyn, I loved your description of each hair removal method. I related to each one!

I don’t think Andrea’s trying to give things she hasn’t tried a bad rap, though. I think it’s just like … the product advertisers are trying so hard to tell us everything’s going to work and be great and all our problems will be solved if we give them our money … Andrea’s sort of being the hand-on-the-shoulder, ‘Don’t run over there, examine it first’ kind of voice. Which I think is a great thing to be.

I especially liked your description of delapitories. Those things drive me crazy. They’ve never worked for me - never. And they stink and burn and leave stubble. I hate them. And the shave that lasts five minutes - ain’t it the truth?

Anyway, I liked your post!

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Jaclyn:
<strong>Hey, I’m glad I found this site, it’s very informative. But, from the looks of it, you(as in the webmaster) haven’t even tried most of these products so I’m unsure as to whether you should be giving them such a bad rep? Are you the ultimate skeptic? (I don’t mean to be rude, but in my lifetime I’ve seen many people say “That can’t be possible” only for them to see first hand results, ultimately changing their whole idealism of such issues).</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Welcome Jaclyn!

As I’ve mentioned before, I had a sample of Kalo sent to me by the manufacturer, and I saw no difference in hair growth. It’s been well over a year, and there is no change whatsoever in the hair in the treated area.

Here’s my philosophy in all this: I expect salespeople to back their claims with proof. If a company says some topical product causes permanent hair removal, I want to see the published studies or the government approval. In the case of Kalo and Ultra Hair Away, there are no published studies.

I don’t think you have to try something to say “prove it.” If someone claimed they built a car that gets 500 miles to the gallon, I don’t think I need to go try one out to say “prove it.”

In legal terms, it’s called burden of proof. The burden of proof is on the manufacturer to prove their claims. In the case of Kalo and Ultra Hair Away, they haven’t met my threshold for proof.

I’m not saying it impossible. I’m saying prove it. I haven’t seen any first-hand reports of consumers who have no regrowth one year after using Kalo or Ultra Hair Away. In fact, I haven’t seen anyone who didn’t have complete regrowth one year after stopping using these products.

Andrea:

Have you had a lot of people reporting complete regrowth after they stopped using Kalo?

Malanagaster, the problem is finding consumers who are still willing to talk about it one year after completing use of Kalo etc. Among those who sent me their experiences, the negative reports are overwhelming.

Believe me, if these guys up in Canada had solved the problem of unwanted hair growth with a painless inexpensive spray, the big pharmaceuticals and consumer products multinationals would have bought them out years ago or come out with a cheaper clone and run them out of business. I’ve done work for big package-goods companies, and they wouldn’t sit around if a couple of dudes had solved such a major consumer issue by mixing up some herbal concoction. They’d be on it like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm. :wink:

Ted is going officially on record and is giving two thumbs down to Kalo. :blush:

While it appeared over the months to be working, that doesn’t seem to be the case now.

Now I gotta figure out how to get rid of all of these damn red dots on my stomach. Hopefully they will just grow out. And hopefully they aren’t scarred over.

These things look sick, by the way, I mean it looks like an outbreak of bad acne.

[ June 13, 2002, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Ted Striker ]

Ugh, that sounds bad. Did you get those from waxing or epilating?
So all the hair grew back, even the areas that were completely smooth? Bugger, I just got my Kalo.
So many people are reporting good results over there but I’m guessing they’re all just seeing temporary results.
Did you get your refund promptly, no questions asked?

Ted, thanks for sharing your opinion.

The real truth with these products only comes out from LONG-TERM observation of results.

They may seem like they are doing something at first (because so many of us want them to work), but I don’t know anyone who has been pleased at six or twelve months after they stopped using it.

They make their money off the placebo effect many consumers see and report to others. But when it comes down to a serious long-term test, these products don’t seem to be up to the challenge.

I’m sorry to hear about the red dots from the epilator. the most common problems are mild infection and sun following treatment. Some people who are susceptible to keloids may also have problems with epilators.

If it has been more than a few days after treatment with an epilator, and you still see red bumps, you should consider consulting with a dermatologist. This sort of reaction is unusual from epilation, although some consumers are prone to more serious side effects than others.

ted striker, how long did u use kalo? j/w

the refund is for 2 bottles thats what tom says.

I thought it was for all the bottles. I think Tom just said they prefer it if you return after two bottles.

Ah well I didn’t get my money back, I haven’t tried yet. I will let you know when I do.

I got the red bumps from the epilator. It’s been about 6-8 weeks since I quit using it, so there are still hairs that are still trying to poke their way though.

I used Kalo for about 6 months, epilating about once every 3 weeks.

Andrea,

I noticed in the past that even with shaving, I’ve had problems on that area of my stomach with red bumps. I think that area is just too sensitive. I think some day when I get the cash I might consider the laser. Good thing is that they aren’t keloids. When all of these heal up, I may test out shaving, with some of the red bump stoppers, on a test patch, and see how that goes.

Related to this, the back of my triceps are succeptible as well to not pink BUMPS, but just like, pinkness. I think that’s called keratosis? I know it occurs most often in people with pale skin (I have really pale skin).

Sorry for being short with anybody on the internet, especially to you Malanagaster. As Andrea has said about sometimes when people step forward, it’s a bit embarrassing when you are vocal about results, especially something as touchy as your appearance.

[ June 18, 2002, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Ted Striker ]