Gentronics MC160D-C experience

Unfortunately I almost never work in pure galvanic and cant give you an accurate assessment of what does and doesnt constitute galvanic scarring as no one near here does that.

Geez, I have never seen hypopigmentation like this. Too much energy was used. Thanks for a clearer picture. I’m not so sure that the hypopig will resolve.

So to clarify, you decided to have MPG administered because you believe it causes the least surface tissue trauma. Not true. It depends on the skill of the operator. Yes, galvanic activity is greater where there is most moisture and that will be deeper in the tissue and less at the surface of the skin but that is all theory. Once the tech begins the work, thats where the action happens and that is contingent on SKILL. So lets forget bout the modality and focus on the skill and decisions the electrologist makes.

In terms of the way your skin is responding, it might take care of itself with normal cell renewal. I was a former bearded lady and had all modalities and so many techniques administered on me and I too had the raised white tissue in some areas. I don’t have any lasting tissue trauma from electrolysis. There were some electrologists who were more skilled than others and they each treated my hair problem in their own way - no two were the same - even in the same office!

You can help hasten exfoliation along. I like a product called Theraderm exfoliant. The active ingredient that I like is lactic acid.

Just a follow-up:

I’m seeing a dermatologist at the start of the year about these spots. They’ve by-and-large flattened out, but are still pearly white. In some lighting (notably the bright lamp that sits on your loupes), they are nearly invisible. In other lighting, they seem to catch the light and twinkle. These have been there since August – at least. I also still have some pitting in my upper lip. The photo I posted takes all the color out, but there are a few pock-marks nearer to the center that have a whitish color at the bottom, as well as some odd wrinkling at the corners. I’ve been advised by a dermatologist acquaintance to try microneedling/PRP to get these out. However, I’m not terribly optimistic. I’m in school for electrology, and my skin regularly gets a WTF from students and instructors alike.

I found a post by Mike Bono, in which he makes the following aside about another electrologist:

"This client also went to another ‘high profile’ obnoxiously boastful electrologist that charged him $200 per hour. This one claims a ‘special patented method.’ She claims that her machine is a ‘secret design,’ made by a major manufacturer for her ONLY … all complete fabrications: I spoke with the manufacturer!

She beat the hell out the guy’s skin (damaged for months), and the results were not worthy of mention. I would say 10 - 20% reduction from one clearance. I worked on this area too (chest and stomach). I will keep this ‘gem’ nameless."

Well, this nameless gem is the person who worked on my face. I’ve learned that she has a reputation in Southern California, not for her work, but for being boastful and obnoxious. I’m not going to call her out directly on this site, but if you’re down here looking for an electrologist, DM me and I will happily tell you who not to see.

And since my reaction appears to be atypical, I’ll check back after 6 months or so for an update and pictures.

I’ve been talking with my current electrologist, and we’ve been speculating about what happened here. The old one really encouraged you to slather your face with BLT cream (and she doesn’t wipe it off), which may have eliminated the moisture gradient in the skin. That, coupled with the use of uninsulated probes, probably sent a lot of current to the surface of the skin rather than to the base of the follicle. This would also explain why the numbers had to be so high to get a good release – the current was going to the wrong place.

Of course, this is all speculation, but in the absence of any sort of clinical trial, it’s all we have.

I’m not sure if this is a dm private message I hope so,

Hi I would love to know who you are referring too. Im currently seeing one in California so I’m concerned. Thankyou

If my above message is viewable by users other than Sam, please let me know

Navigating this site sometimes confuses me someone should make it more clean and simple. It seems very cluttered and unclear.

My main issues are the private messages , when to know a message or not it should clearly say that somewhere next to the message

And the topic scroll box when if requires you to select in a category and I would love to find one that fits so the site could be more organized, but i end up having to select some random category that doesn’t relate to my topic at all.

It should be broken down into several braid categories and then possibly have sub categories

For example: topic:
category
*Electrologist search :then sub category by area, state ECT

*diy info

*after care discussion
*needle size and type discussion

• modality differences
    *galvanic
    *Therm
    *blend

Magnification:
Pain management