First Comet Treatment!

thanks for the information. this should be interesting to see. please report the differences you see between this and your other Comet treatment. I haven’t seen any good results from the Comet yet, so a comparative analysis with a proven diode like LightSheer should help. It also says something when a known professional in hair removal such as Dr Ross chooses to use those lasers. there was another doctor on a different forum reporting very good results with this particular IPL machine btw (Palomar), so it might be another not bad IPL machine to add to the list along with the Harmony machine. He did mention that it’s only good on light skin as well.

He said it is recommended for light skin and dark hair, like the diode.

I asked him about tanning, like how long to wait after treatment to go into the sun. He said that it doesn’t really matter how long you wait, but you shouldn’t go into the sun cause it might hinder future treatments. Getting dark is not good for treatments…which is pretty obvious.

So far, the difference between my Comet treatment, and this treatment is huge. My chest and abs are still red and bumpy, 8hrs post treatment, which didnt happen with the Comet. I had hair exploding out of follicles. The pain differential was huge.

I am really optomistic about this treatment. The Dr. was really pleased with the treatment too. Said I’d see really good reduction. And thats nice to hear, because I am going to jump right into electrolysis over the summer on these areas.

gdubber2002

Hey RJC2001,

The Palomar hurt like crazy too, but a different kinda of hurt. Where the LightSheer felt like a bunch of little needles stabbing me, the Palomar felt like a big ol’ rubber band snapping against the skin…hard. It’s hard to judge the pain levels between the two machines. The LightSheer hurt really bad on the middle of the chest, where the hair is the densest. But the Palomar hurt a lot on my lower abdomen. I can’t really say which was more painful, they were pretty neck n’ neck.

However, I noticed that a lot of hairs were being expelled by the Palomar too, especially around the belly-button where it was the densest. He did touch up my abs with the LightSheer also, so I am wondering what the effect of that will be. I have already been able to extract most of the hairs, they slide out real easy on my chest, and abs too.

I did notice that the spot size was much larger on the IPL. He was able to cover a lot more area with it per zap.

Quick question, I just got out of the shower, and the area where I got treated burned when it touched the water. I didn’t use hot water either…is that normal? Especially on my chest, it stung like a mother f**ker. When he was doing the treatments, because it hurt so bad, I asked if I should be worried about burns. He smiled at me and said he has been doing this for 12 years, I have nothing to worry about. So I guess I shouldn’t worry about it, but the water really stung.

gdubber2002

How soon did you shower after your laser treatment? If it was within a day or so, that is normal. You probably should not shower for 24 hrs and also avoid strenuous exercise and try to avoid sweating as much as possible. At any rate vigorous scrubbing of the treated areas should be avoided.

From your description you responded well to the Lightsheer and IPL treatments. It is interesting that they used a combination of Laser and IPL. The Palomar is supposed to be one of the better IPLs. I have had very good results on my legs with the Harmony (upper) and Cutera ProWave 770 (lower).

I would be careful about going out in the sun for about 2 weeks. If you do go out in the sun use SPF 30 for a weekend, then go to SPF 15. Then you can go to SPF 8. If you are going to be out for longer than 2 hours you may want to stay with the next higher SPF30 instead of 15, etc. But the key thing is to decrease SPF only gradually if you want to tan.

Electrolysis presents no problem with tanning. Just don’t go out in the sun on the same day of your treatment. Other than that you should be OK.

The red bumps you describe are normal for Lightsheer. It is interesting you did not get those with the Comet, which is also a diode laser. This makes me wonder what the spot size of the laser head is with the Comet. If the spot size is too small that hinders effectiveness. In the specs, they only give the total spots size. Most of the spot size may actually be the RF rails!

Keep us posted on your results. Looks like you’re on the right track.

RJC2001

RJC2001 and gdubber 2002

thank you so much for your posts. I have been reading the website for a long time and have been doing LHR for almost 2 years. on my face and cheeks,due a much tweezing and hormonal hereditary problems.
I did one year of Nd Yag laser and it was painful and reduced hair but not what i was looking for.
For the past year I have been doing the Comet, every 6 weeks and now every 4 since I am down to the last before I start electrolysis. I am at 50 joules and thank god for the cooling contraption attached to the machine.
I have had no burns or marks, or discolorations. It’s amazing.
I think i may contine for 6 more treatments and then go to electrolysis
It has also reduced blonde and white hairs… amazing
has anyone tried the e max or the new elos technology?

any thoughts would be great.
thanks
c

every 4 weeks is too often for treatments. you’re wasting part of that money. you shouldn’t have any hair come in at 4 weeks yet. shedding only is done around week 3-3.5. where are you getting your treatments done? and no, most people don’t get good results with elos technology.