FINALLY starting my journey

Stoppit thanks for the tip about the tto being too drying after a while. I’ll try the rose hip oil. =]

Hey. I’m so happy that you’ve found someone so supportive and that you’re on the way to sorting out the hair issue. I really relate to what you wrote in your post. It’s a battle, but as you’ve said you need to just keep going. Thanks for the message x

You’re welcome =]

So… I have a few consultation on the 22nd of this month for 2 electro clinics/1 laser clinic(electroing/lasering different areas)…

Any questions you think would be important for me to ask, tips for me?

I saw your old photos (belly and breast) and i have to say that we have similar hair pattern :wink:
I’m following your diary with real interest :slight_smile:

PS: i’m very happy you have found someone you trust. How are you dealing with your hair right now? Bleaching, shaving, waxing?

Samafe, I stopped waxing a while back, because I knew I wanted to laser/electro it, so if you’re doing either I would stop now. I shave my upper lip,arms,legs,bikini but I actually let most of the other hair just grow out. Thank God, I have a boyfriend I’m comfortable with. =]

I’m very happy you have a boyfriend you’re very confortable with.
My relationship is new and i’m really self consciuos about hair. :frowning:

Sooo… I had 3 consultations today. 2 electro/1 laser

The laser consultation went awfuly. I had such high hopes for her, she uses a great machine(gentlemax) and had a lot of great reviews. I decided I was going to have a mini session of just underarms to test the waters. She said she would even use alexandrite on one underarm and the yag on the other to see which one reacts better(awesome). But, then I find out what settings she’s using… 18mm spot size and only 9 joules on the alexandrite side and only 18 joules on the yag side… I told her I thought the settings were low as the doctors clinic I had a consult with before used 27 joules on yag. She said that all machines are different but I told her I didn’t think it should be that different on yag settings on a candela yag and a candela gentle max(yag settings), since they were both candela machines. But, she kept going on about it being two different machines… She said if she used anywhere near that many joules on a yag that it would burn me, and rudely she said that she has 9 years of experience and she’d be out of business if she went by what everyone said… I asked her if she could at least try and she wouldn’t budge… Moving on from there.

Sooooo on to the good stuff, both my electro consults went realllllllyyyyy well!!!
They both used apilus machines one uses the platinum and the other uses the one right before the platinum(can’t remember the name). They both did an amazing job. They were quick, could definitely tell they weren’t treezing, and the skin reaction wasn’t bad at all! I had one work on my brows and within 15 minutes most of thed redness had subsided. The other electro I had her work on my upper lip, it got red, but didn’t last too long plus she applied some aloe and gave me some ice to put on it for a few minutes(helped a lot). The funny thing is one of the electrologists actually met James awhile back in Las Vegas and said she took it as awesome compliment that I liked her work even after working with the “guru” lol. I really liked her personally, plus she even recommended a laser place for me to try, since I said I wanted lasesr done on my legs and bikini. Overall I think I found two winners. =]

I feel like by the time most of my electrolysis is done, I may end up deciding to electro school…

Same her Hairygone.If mine should go on well,i would be so glad and take elctrolysis courses because i know how depressing it is for a lady to be hairy in this 21st century.Please where do you find these electrolgists?

Mine are in Virginia, I can message you their info if Virginia works for you.

oops am in the UK.Thanks.

No, problem. Good luck finding someone in the UK. Have you searched the boards I think I saw a few people listed there previously…

I would check it out ow.I really dislike the slow nature of most UK electrologist.Thanks.

I’ve read about a few of the UK people on here traveling to Spain if that would work for you.