Feeling like a ugly hairy man.

Thank you for caring.

The doctor I went to see yesterday know what I have, as he is a gyno he could tell I had Acanthosis nigricans.

And PCOS by my thick body hair.

He wants to do a pelvic exam, and ultrasounds as well as blood tests and many others.

I have to wait until my dad has a day off to go do this.

The free clinic are not exactly free.

The one free clinic called Brevard health alliance is extremely annoyed and tiresome to get into as they want all sorts of information.

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/dd/dddescription.html

And yes, free clinics do need a lot of documentation. You have to prove that you can’t afford treatments. Otherwise, everyone would be using the services for free. They have to make sure only the very needed get them.

Yes I live in Mims Florida.

That sounds interesting however I will have to wait for the hair to fall out after I get the Cyst out of my ovaries.

I hope the hair falls out after that.

My dad may pay for my doctors appointments, but not for the electrolysis.

Thank you for the info though.

I should be on his insurance but I’m not.

I don’t know why as I’m not given the details.

I’m just simply not eligible for medicaid.

I have foodstamps but nothing more.

I cannot get disability, no evidence of doctor reports or anything.

I have nothing, that’s all I can say.

You are right about that.

I don’t have anything to prove it.

Your dad’s tax return from prior year is proof or his paycheck stub - that is if you’re counted as his dependent on his taxes. If you receive food stamps, it means your income is low enough for gov’t programs. You should call someone more helpful at the local gov’t offices and figure out the exact requirments and income maximums to get Medicaid. The place where you got foodstamps approved in the first place should have information on the rest of the programs.

Read the guidelines and call and talk to someone about logistics on getting disability status. If you have to visit a doctor to get him to fill out paperwork about it that you can submit, then it’s worth doing that.

Alright I’ll see what can be done.

Just want to pipe in for a sec… I can imagine that the whole process might feel overwhelming, and that this might add to your feelings of powerlessness and frustration.

And, that maybe the document hunting, phone calls, etc, might feel especially hard on a day you maybe woke up feeling bad. (Or were made to feel bad.)

But please don’t give up! You’ve got to fight for your health. It saddens many of us here, I think, that this is true. But now, you have to focus on the fight.

Could you set aside an hour a day to make calls, fill in forms, etc? Might be easier to cope - and focus on the fight, not the fact that it’s unfair - if you decide in advance that that hour is just there. And accept that the work will be boring and fussy. And then just agree with yourself that you’ll spend that boring, fussy hour dotting whatever i’s need dotting, and crossing whichever t’s need crossing.

And fight to get the information you need from your dad. Cajole him; annoy him; cook him dinner every night if you have to - whatever it takes. Just get those papers, they’re your ticket out. Once your health is addressed, other things will follow.

You can do this!

Me’chelle…you are not alone in your struggle…please feel free to PM me at any time…also, as was suggested you can go to electrolysis schools where its much cheaper so even if you can just get started on a small area…and as everyone said do WHATEVER YOU NEED TO DO to get to a doctor…you may be prescribed medicines like spironolactone or metformin or a birth control that could be extremely helpful to you for your symptoms.

I’m far from a doctor - just a Googler - but the symptoms you’ve talked about might be PCOS. It looks like they might also conform to criteria for Cushing’s syndrome, and could involve other threats to your health that are more immediately serious, like diabetes or thyroid problems.

Very, very important to have this all checked out. We’re rooting for you.

This is Me’chelle under the name Esuterure this website wouldn’t let me log in under my old name.

Thank you for telling me that.

I did take birth control at one time, however at the same time they prescribed me anabolic steroids!!!

It is PCOS I found that out earlier this year.

Due to me having the Ancathosis Nigericans.

Thank you for your kindness.

I have thought about you on and off from the last time you posted. Ancathosis Nigericans is not life threatening. It is a symptom or offshoot of other things going on in your body. Obesity is a major contributor to this type of hyperpigmantation. Here is more information for those that are curious about AN.

Why were you prescribed anabolic steroids!?

Has the pain in your side diminished? How big was the cyst(s)? Was it removed? Do you have acess to medical care now?

I do not know why I was prescribed them.

The pain has gotten bad, I’ve moved from my dad’s house and am now in my first apartment and doing better.

My Ancanthosis has disappeared somewhat, the hair is still growing, and for once in many years possibly because I’m less stressed I had MY PERIOD!!!

For 5 to 6 days in fact full of heavy bleeding which helped get rid of the side pain.

I am now employed by my aunt who happens to work at the health department.

So I’ll be seeing a doctor on this very soon.