Epicare

lagirl - hi! it’s been a while since I’ve been back. kids at school & all kinds of activities prevent me from going online as often as I’d like. anyway, $500 seems quite a bit to pay for hair removal for a small area. i’ve read in other forums that even with electrolysis, hair can still grow back, and with a vengeance. so, i’m quite hesitant abt trying it. plus my pain threshold is very low. what about those home electrolysis kits? do you think those actually work? so far, i am very happy with my epicare. however, time for me to replace it and get a new one soon.

hair doesn’t grow back after proper electrolysis. I had my upper lip treated for under $300 total over a year ago and it’s absolutely permanent. if any hair grows in in a few years, it will be NEW hair that would have grown in regardless because your body developed it with age. $500 is an estimate on the higher end of things. I don’t know how much hair you have. personally, I don’t think $300 is a lot of money to pay for never having any hair there and dealing with it ever again. Just add up $10-20 waxing treatments over the coarse of two years.

no, home electrolysis kits don’t work. only professional electrolysis machines.

I still haven’t gotten the Epicare yet, but am thinking about it quite a bit. For those who have used it, have you had good results? How often do you have to use it, and does the hair become more coarse or anything? Please let me know. Thanks!

i see lagirl’s post here was last year but $300 for ur upperlip?? Did u only have to have 6 hrs or less or did u have a super cheap connection?

I have bought a hair removal tool from Epicare http://www.thinkbeauty.co.uk/epicare.html and it works fantastic. The service was great and communication is excellent. They even offer a 7 day money back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.

Please ignore Janie, this is most likely a poor attempt at promoting a product.

Benji

I will give Janie01 this much. At least this product is in fact a plucking type device and is not claiming to be permanent, so I think I will allow this one to slip through. It is at least on topic.

Using any product like this that pulls out facial hair, is the same as waxing, tweezing, sugaring and threading. It is NOT recommended for temporary removal of facial hair. The face is a hormonally controlled area and the hair is most likely to become stronger and thicker after repeated treatments over a period of time. Bad idea.

I’ve actually been using this on the sides of my face. It works temporarily (causes minimial breakouts…maybe a little), and the hair is still relatively fine (can’t really tell if it has become stronger). I definitely do not want to continue doing this for an extended period of time though because of what it can do hormonally… and I did notice one or two slightly thicker hairs.
I’ve been using it for a few months but am looking into electrolysis. It’s less irritating on me than waxing would be, but definitely am nervous about the possibility of it causing darker thicker hairs.

hi,
i bought the product from www.myspringit.com. It is really worthy. I didn’t believe at first about this way of hair removal, but after watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx-tU_MNIFQ i changed my mind.
I found this review useful (on threading like hair removal technique), may be it can help someone here! http://www.thefashionablehousewife.com/08/2009/facial-hair-removal-cheap-easy-and-comfortable/

Apsaras
“Ready to Rock, Round the Clock” :slight_smile:

Hi! I’ve been buying mine from www.facialhairthreading.com or you can watch their video at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsIfT_7FaTs

They used to sell the other brand, but I like Bellabe better. I have very sensitive skin and found that I would break out with little pimples. But Bellabe is coated with some hypoallergenic material and so I have not had any skin irritation with it so far.

Both those products are the same thing, and as such, are just an extreamely cheaper manual version of the Isreali made “EpiLady” automated spring/coil devices that were sold for $60 to $120 back in the 80’s & 90’s.

They are only tweezing the hairs out, and you really don’t want to do that on the upper lip, or any part of the face for that matter, unless you want to risk thicking, darkening and distorting those hairs you wish to remove. If one doesn’t take a permanent solution to this type of hair, one really is better off shaving it. At least that won’t make the hair more noticeable and perhaps more plentiful as time goes by.

For more info on this topic, check out:

And

Hello all,

I am also a big fan of this method of threading. i got mine from a different company called MyEpiface. I have very very sensitive skin and their product has this Hypoallergenic material so I dont get any breakouts. So far I am very happy with it.

I think they are located internationally. but i got mine from the US.

Plucking of any kind will always lead to some breakouts due to necrotic tissue left in the follicle.