Electrolysis Upper Lip Scars - Horror Story PICS

Hello,I had almost the exact same thing done to me about a year ago and although the dark coloring has gone down and the scabs healed, I am now dealing with white pitted holes throughout my entire upper lip. I know that in many cases this hypo-pigmentation may be permanent, but does anyone have any suggestions? I am 25 and these white and dark scars are so embarrassing. The over treatment happened last March.
Is this a permanent thing? Anything I can do to make it less visible?
I would appreciate any help!

I have just come back From Egypt I had no access to internet so I have just seen this post. This has ruined my mood. This is terrible, i am shaking and shocked looking at these photos. I am sorry this has happened. I am very glad you are taking some action.This is not electrolysis this is definately a case of the practioner not knowing what she is doing.

I would look into “skin needling” or collagen induction therapy, where a physician or practitioner rolls a device containing hundreds of tiny needles over the area in question. This creates tiny punctures that stimulate the body’s own healing response and causes the laying down of new collagen. After several treatments scarring, wrinkling, and pitting should be noticeably improved. I’ve even seen cases where it worked on hypo/hyperpigmentation. It’s a relatively non-invasive, inexpensive treatment.

There is so much in your post that all of us are saying "oh dear God give me strength!’

Issues such as when real scars develop, post-treatment appearances … and modality. Addressing all your concerns (that have been addressed elsewhere in this site) would fill volumes!

What is brutally needed is a definitive (visual) explanation of all treatment parameters … I’m working on it.

But let me first say that what you have been reading on the internet regarding "modality,’ i.e., electrolysis … blend … flash, are completely incorrect. These "beatings’ all come from totally ignorant electrologists that are hawking their own "special methods.’ I’m so fed up with this!

Indeed, there is a website that screams the horrors of "thermolysis’ (while using straight galvanic) … similarly there are websites that shriek the horrors of electrolysis (of any kind) with all sorts of stupid comments. Pay ZERO attention to all of these disgusting idiots. IDIOTS!

All modalities work … (and this will be corroborated by everyone here on this site).

However, to the larger question of "damage to your skin.’ Please, if you would be so kind, send me photos of what you are seeing. I’ll give it my utmost attention … but further to this never-ending question … I would like to use these photos in upcoming videos so that clients can see … once-and-for-all … what normal and not-normal post treatment looks like.

Please use my private email and thanks …

Before they “plant me in Forrest lawn” I have to get this done!

mikebono@cox.net

If you would be so kind, can you also send me the link to the website that talked about “thermolysis … collapsing the follicle, and causing all those problems?” A trapped exploded follicle under the skin causing infection and holes … blah blah blah? WOW, somebody is drinking the Cool-Aid!

This is made-up nonsense. The “flash” technique of zapping the entire follicle, beautifully and perfectly placing the current (perhaps with an insulated needle) is a wonderful … perfect … NOT damaging technique. (I don’t work this way … but I KNOW it’s perfect!)

People are basing their theories on their own experiences … and conjure up explanations. I can’t wait to read these on-line comments …

The simple fact is any method can work well, it’s all about the electrologist’s skill with the technique and the equipment.

I happen to do all 3 methods - roughly 85% flash, 15% blend, and maybe 1% is pure galvanic. I don’t have a multi-needle machine, so, for me, pure galvanic really restricted to clients that absolutely want a small area or a few hairs done. I’m comfortable with all of them and try to use what I feel is the most appropriate tool for the particular job in conjunction with the pain tolerance of my clients to a method (some people will say flash hurts more, others that blend hurts more, etc).

Any professional that feels the need to completely trash one method over another is just showing their, frankly, ignorance. Maybe they just aren’t that good with a particular method (thermolysis requires MUCH more accurate probe placement), haven’t been exposed to the equipment (how many people entering the field in the last 10 years trained with a multi-needle galvanic machine?) or simply weren’t taught well (there’s a TON of faulty information in electrolysis schools and literature out there.) Each method has its advantages and disadvantages, the key is recognizing the limitations for a particular application to select the most appropriate treatment. And sure, it’s perfectly fine to always use one single method too, that’s just not my approach.

As far as post-electrolysis healing… simple proper aftercare will take care of it quickly for the vast majority of people. Some people might need a little extra attention post-treatment if they have a condition that can interfere with healing, particularly sensitive skin, pigmentation or keloid issues, etc.

I had a client with sensitive skin that had a reaction last for 10 days after a thermolysis treatment - I switched to laurier probes, did cataphoresis, applied chilled aloe and gave her an ice pack to go and now the redness is usually gone before she leaves my office. She’s had one incident since then, which she admits to being at fault for (applying makeup too soon without any type of sealer (even though I gave her one), because of a function she had to go to).

Oh my, Wiser … there was nothing, I mean ZERO, about anything that I said that pertained to you at all. I was speaking about what you have been encountering.

I see you as another person struggling to find answers and not finding definitive factual answers … and that’s the project that I’m dedicating myself to.

All of us know what’s “out there in the field” … WAY too much misinformation, fraud devices, etc etc.

There is no need for anyone to go “thru the mill,” as you say, and that’s exactly my point … and the basis of my frustration as well.

I’m so sorry you have taken this the wrong way. I see you as a “victim” and why would I EVER assume you should know anything more than your own personal experiences?

Overall, I don’t seem to “do the internet” very well. I’m often misunderstood. This is one of those cases.

By the way, I’m NOT a “flash operator” at all so I’m not defending this one way or the other. In fact, I’m a blend operator so you would assume I support your findings. It’s just that it’s not TRUE.

TONS of “flash operators” do wonderful work … better than my work. So, well, there it is.

I have a headache …

Where did Wiser go?

Am I dreaming (again)? Can somebody "Splain this to me before I go off the Fjord?

Someone deleted the posts

Oh, okay … I thought I was talking to myself (again).

well that is how senility starts…

The post was there though. I had left it deliberately unanswered because I knew just the wording alone would make Michael’s Toupee fly off and he’d have to answer.

Seana

ha ha ha … YES!

I know this is an old forum, but I think I know the website that was mentioned, if no one else has posted it. I also have scarring after being over treated with thermolysis so I found the page interesting, but obviously I’m no expert so I would be interested to hear your point of view on it.
http://hairzapper.com/thermolysis/

Go to the search feature. Type in ‘Susan Laird’. Read the several threads already discussed here about hairzappers. Decide for yourself.

I’m currently a client of Susan’s. I’m also in school for electrolysis, and I have some damage from galvanic overtreatment from a previous electrologist. As you can imagine, since I sit in her chair for 6-hour sessions, we talk a lot about thermolysis and overtreatment.

Her website doesn’t mention this for obvious reasons, but she’s seen some good beard removal work done with thermolysis. Then again, she’s also seen plenty of bad work. There may be a selection effect at play; I think most of her clientele show up after receiving damage and scars, and because there aren’t too many people getting pure galvanic work done, she almost exclusively sees bad thermolysis and blend. I’m a sort of novelty for her, because I don’t believe she’s ever had anyone with galvanic overtreatment before. She has explicitly told me that you can get the same “overlapping circle” damage on that website with galvanic, just that it’s harder due to the relative inability of lye to diffuse through the skin. Now, I do have that collateral overtreatment, but I was also getting my face melted by a previous operator.

Of course, everything I just mentioned is speculation, but if you’re going to take Susan’s website at face value, you’ve got to accept what I’m telling you too, as it’s coming straight from her.

And I guess in keeping with the general topic of upper lip scars, here are some of mine from galvanic. I’ve never had blend or thermo done on me.

I will do that. Thanks for the reply.

That was very informative, thank you! I was definitely wondering whether galvanic would be as likely to scar me the way thermolysis did, during any future sessions I might have, and I feel a little better about it now. As soon as I read about overlapping on the site, it made sense, especially after feeling like I was being over treated. I tend to have a high pain tolerance and have tolerated electrolysis in the past, but this pain was absolutely unbearable. I did a lot of research before starting my previous sessions and wish I’d learned about overlapping back then. I’ll just have to do more research to find a better operator this time around. There just don’t seem to be many in my area unfortunately. Thanks for including the picture as well. The scarring is very similar to mine, though most of mine is on the chin.