electrolysis tx. diary and pictures- help!!

she has the sterex one its green its widely used in the UK and appears on ebay quite alot, i dont think its the electrologist tbh i think its just my luck, short of chopping of my face i dont think much can be done for me :frowning:

Hi sparkly_tears, the reaction does look ‘better’ than last time. I still think that your electrologist can play about with settings a bit more to reduce your reaction, so do keep her updated with your pictures. She may consider using a combination of blend and thermolysis depending on the hair she is treating.

Also, did you use tea tree oil immediately after treatment - either asking her to swipe your face or doing it yourself? I’m sure these whiteheads can be prevented. And if not, hopefully they won’t last long and won’t scar with proper aftercare.

But anyway, it looks like you’re making good progress with clearance. If you can get the chin and neck area clear before the cheeks have any significant regrowth, you will certainly feel much better. After that, just keep going in for maintenance as often as you can, so that hair is removed before it becomes problematic for you and secondly so you don’t need so much treatment in one go which should be better for your skin.

Sparkly, if you have at home hydrogen peroxide at 10 volumes, please neutralize the pus with it. It is important to neutralize the pus soon. The pus is affecting a part of the follicle is easily recovered (infundibulum), so do not leave marks in the future. But it should be removed because otherwise the pores will be dilated for longer than necessary. Please, mount a piece of cotton or sterile gauze and apply a little hydrogen peroxide, the head of pus will fade quickly.

i dont have hydrogen peroxide at home im not sure where u can even buy it from, i dont think any of the beauty stores sell them in the Uk either :frowning:

Hydrogen peroxide can be purchased from all pharmacies, used to disinfect wounds and mouthwash diluted with water. Maybe you know him by another name.
If you do not have it at home, then use some gel and warm water, rub a little in the area. This should be enough because the skin covering the capsule of pus is very, very thin. Then apply compresses of salt water. Tomorrow the pus will be replaced by a small scab, and the infection is gone. Do this twice a day after 12 hours of the session of electrolysis.

I’d sure like to know what your electrologist is doing, step by step because I sure don’t get these kind of reactions for this type of hair structure, even when a first full clearance is done in one long session. When I was a neophyte electrologist, I had some skin reactions that I was not happy with at all, but they only served to wake me up and try harder to correct whatever was missing in my treatment strategy. It takes real skill and good equipment to get the client out of the office looking like nothing happened within a minutes to a couple days. Keep giving your electrologist feedback and maybe she will find the right levels for you. If you can see other electrologists and compare, that would be interesting to hear about. Anyone trained to use an Apilus Pure or Platinum in your area by chance?

It does not do you much good for us to say that we could do better, even though we could. What you need to know is that even if this is the only option you have, you will be bare faced in about a year to 2 years at this rate. The skin will heal if you do good post treatment, and if you can try out some other electrolysis practitioners, all the better. You may find one who can do the type of coarse hairs you have without leaving you as swollen and with weeping skin. Yet, again, even if this is the best you can get, you will be hair free in a while, and once you have a few full clearances under your belt, you can keep the area clear, and the treatment energy will be able to be lowered.

good luck

Hi every1, so sorry i havent been keeping everyone updated, have alot going on in my personal life so been a bit of an emotional wreck :frowning: Despite this though i have been going to my electrolysis sessions pretty much every week. My skin reactions are improving and I can see a reduction in the hair. It is a long process but im happy with the result so far! :smiley:

hey sparkly-tears - pm me.

Oh also, if you can’t buy HP online, you should be able to get it at Boots. Not all will have it in stock, but whenever you pass a pharmacy, do ask. They should carry 3% Hydrogen Peroxide.

heyy just pm’d thanks for letting me about HP ! :slight_smile:

sparky tears, good to hear you are going well, keep with it glad to hear your skin is improving.