Electrolysis school in New Zealand

Hi everyone,

A desperate plea …. Could someone please start up a training school in New Zealand!

I would love to learn as would my daughter. We were seeing a wonderful, absolutely wonderful electrologist who is now wishing to retire. It is grim trying to find an electrologist. Especially one who will do more than 30 mins. When you have pcos and hair everywhere 30 mins is just not enough time to create even a dent!

Laser is all that seems to be offered and we had extra hair growth from the small amount we did.

I’m so worried electrology is going to be extinct in our country soon.

This text will be blurred

Hi, I’m based in NZ. There does seem to be a course in Whangarei. Apart from that I think that training is only available as part of a Diploma in Beauty Therapy Level 5.

But I’ll also say that it’s not really hard to learn on your own if you’re willing to put some effort into researching it (as long as you’re only doing it on yourselves). There’s lots of resources out there. I’ve had pretty good results doing galvanic electrolysis on myself:

Hi there

Is there really?? I have googled and asked the nz beauty institute and they said it was only available as a small module in the beauty therapy course. I will look into this! Thanks!

I have tried to look into personal machines too but have had no luck as it seems you need to be a registered/qualified electrologist before you can purchase (tried going through the proper channels as opposed to trademe so if I had issues with the machine I could have it repaired etc). I do understand this thinking as anyone could set up and call themselves an electrologist I guess if they were readily available. However it didn’t help me!

I think most NZ suppliers will also supply machines and consumables to students? Otherwise I’m pretty sure there are a lot of overseas places which will sell a machine. If you bought one second hand (e.g. on Trade Me) from a reputable brand in NZ I think they’d probably still support it.

I don’t think there are any national rules for who can call themselves an electrologist or practice it. But there are local rules. Here are the Auckland ones: Electrolysis red vein treatment and derma rolling/stamping code of practice

I don’t think the “electrology for electrolysis” certificate exists anymore - it’s part of the Diploma in Beauty Therapy Level 5 now. And you’d have to confirm that the course I linked above can meet those requirements (if you wanted to practice it).

There are online/distance programs where you can do the theory. Dectro International comes to mind, but there are others. Maybe they could guide you for creative ways to get the hands on training, other than flying to the United States or Canada.