Electrolysis on face took 5 hours, is that normal

A very light dabbing of tea tree oil at bedtime for three nights applied after the witch hazel and before the aloe Vera gel would be nice. Forgot to suggest that above. You can do one side without tea tree oil and one side with and see if there is a difference. Apply with CLEAN HANDS AND APPLICATIORS! Use the aloe vera GEL instead of lotion.

Dee makes a very important point. It is the client’s responsibility to inform their electrologist how they are reacting and healing following treatment. Too many clients don’t understand this, and don’t provide the feedback that is so essential to obtaining a good result. Receiving electrolysis is truly a partnership between the client and the electrologist. Both are responsible, both benefit, and both can be rewarded with excellent results. But it cannot happen if there is not open and clear communication in both directions.

Thanks for the all the info Dee and Caith! I’ll have to go and get the aloe vera gel instead of the lotion. I also have some vitamin E oil, maybe that will help. Here’s a pic of me, it’s been 48 hours now…

qwerty Attachments

IMG_2865.JPG

It’s really looking a lot better, isn’t it? :slight_smile: Don’t pick at any of those, or you’ll make it worse. Scrub VERY lightly with your washcloth, and they’ll release as soon as it’s healed beneath them. The skin will be clear with no scarring, but possibly a bit of red/pink coloration for another few days while the healing completes.

No hairs poking out of those little scabs - that’s good!!!

Hi guys, I was wondering how long do the scabs stay in place, it’s been about 4-5 days now, should I be worried? My face is looking hideous ! and I have to get the rest of my face done today as well, is that going to be a problem if scabs are still there from last week? Thanks

It won’t be a problem… but you will have more scabs to deal with. It can take some time, it really depends on the individual. I think my sister’s scabs usually last about 2 weeks before they start coming off. Whatever you do, just let them come off in their own time.