Electrolysis journey, feeling discouraged

What would be why? How often I go, even after 25 years?

It takes 12-24 months, depending on many variables to finish this, as long as you not tweezing and the electrologist is treating the hair follicle completely, with the proper amount of energy and timing, so the hair slides out with NO TRACTION. You have been going for less than a year and Covid-19 has cut you out of 3 months worth of treatments.

You are on track now, so keep moving forward. Twelve hours is not enough time for most facial cases to be completed. Stay true to the plan and stay patient.

Well, I’ll tell my story so far, I don’t know if it will encourage you, but sometimes it helps to hear more from others. I’m inland a bit in the Sacramento area, so we’re distant neighbors. I’m 35, I have PCOS, ultrasound confirmed, and same as you I’m on the higher-end of normal for ladies for androgen levels.

Laser has never worked for me, and made my facial hair even worse. I later read this is in fact the common response to Laser for facial hair–which made me really annoyed that I dutifully dropped 800$ and stayed on schedule, but yeah… here I am. LHR did have some effectiveness on my feet (I call myself the Sicilian Hobbit, it’s easier to laugh at yourself sometimes)

I just started electrolysis for my face, and I am doing one session per month (session 2 was today), my electrologist doesn’t see an issue with that schedule.

It is not a comfortable experience for me at all. I numb my skin and take Tylenol beforehand; though my skin does seem to recover within about an hour after the session. Do you have to hold onto a ground the full session too? I always thought that was slightly off-putting.

My first session not all my hairs had grown out, so she cleared all the hair in about 45 mins. On the second I walked in with almost more hair than the first time and spooked my electrologist. She thought I had been plucking on her, but she was able to clear the hairs though in 30 minutes and then dealt with some unruly eyebrow hair, my vampire peak and side burns. So we’re going to move onto other areas in our next session of 45 minutes. Sicilian + PCOS = Hairy Arms too, the genetic gifts are endless…

I know you said you trust your electrologist, but perhaps snag an appointment with another vendor for a full session. I’m getting a second vendor to start on another area–as my electrologist will only do face, armpits and arms. I’m done with LHR, I no longer trust it.