Hi everyone, I’ve been getting electrolysis on my face for the past 4 years. I had a really bad facial hair problem. I loved my results! However I haven’t gone since March due to the virus. My electrologist reopened I think last month and I would love to go again for touch ups and new areas on my face she didn’t get to yet. However, I’m concerned about the virus. Is getting electrolysis safe during these times? I mean she is in my face for 45 min to 1 hour. I can’t wear a mask. I don’t know what her precautions are yet. She was honestly never the cleanest to begin with. I mean not dirty, but she’s not a germaphobe. I never got sick from her in 4 years and skin always looked great. Been in business 30+ years and loved the results. However, now with the virus she would need to obviously step up cleanliness. She’s in a small room in a beauty shop.
I was thinking the following would have to happen if I were to go:
I can be there when the beauty shop is closed and it’s just me and her, she has a key.
- Only once a month
- Maybe just 30 minutes
- I would wear goggles and maybe cover my nose and mouth since I don’t get my upper lip done. Possibly see if I could wear a mask.
- She would obviously wear a mask and I would love her to wear a face shield too, but that’s up to her really.
- Witness her wash her hands and before and after touching phone which didn’t used to happen.
- Be her first appointment of the day so nobody else was just there.
- Wipe down the chair and lay on a paper towel which I always did
- Keep door opened, she’s in a small room in a beauty shop.
- Wash hands/face right away in my car and not use the bathroom there.
Anything I’m missing?
I live with my parents 60+ and they have high blood pressure. I care about our health versus beauty. I would HATE to get sick over getting this.
My face is so much better than it was 4 years ago literally night and day. If it was 4 years ago I would be going. However I still loved getting touched up and branching out to new areas. I always say I’m happy the virus happened now versus 4 or more years ago so I could get most of my face treated.
So is it safe? Are people getting the virus from going? Not 6 ft apart and her clients she sees all week can’t wear masks. Seems really risky.
Also my face definitely has been looking great for the past 5 months, I used to go every 2 weeks. Does that mean the hair that hasn’t returned in 5 months is finally gone forever?