Dying vellus hair

Since the system does not allow me to continue, I’m using an online document to end my post.

Fabulous post, Josefa.

Yes, it is okay to treat vellus hairs. There is no harm being done. Sometimes I disagree with a client’s desire for treating these smaller hairs, but I never refuse them. I believe one is FREE to decide what is best for them. I can see them fine, so I will treat any hair they want treated.

I agree with everything you said, Jossie (Dee too) … 100%.

So often “disagreement” is based on people’s definition of a word. For me, “vellus” means a microscopic hair: one you can only see in a certain light and with high-powered magnification.*

Certainly the person that showed her photo needs these “fine hairs” removed and I don’t think any of us would call these “vellus.” I’m glad she showed her photo. (I remove such hairs all the time.)

I have also discovered that people that want real vellus hairs removed are usually going to be difficult patients (for me anyway). These folks are going to see skin problems that aren’t there and are going to blame me for “anything” that shows up after having been treated by me … sometimes in totally untouched areas. Actually, this is mostly true on the face; especially the upper lip.

I think the many people who are going “bonkers” and have posted upper-lip “scars, wrinkles, etc.,” on Hairtell … that are temporary manifestations or completely unrelated defects … prove my point pretty well. In most of these cases, the marks that have them panicking will resolve perfectly … or aren’t there in the first place. And, yes, I have no patience for these folks any more.

When I talked about “skin damage” working on vellus hairs … I was really relating to neurotic patients that are going to have all kinds of issues later. For me, anyway, it’s best to not touch these people; and I won’t. (I do try to warn them … based not on what electrolysis will do … but on what their own reaction is going to be.)

(* Hinkel tried to quantify hair sizes and us “old blenders” still use his numbers. For example, we all know what a 15-unit hair looks like. None of us work on hairs that are, say, 10-units. An 80-unit hair, for example, is a large beard hair … and so on. It would be nice if we had such a universal “hair size” system so we all know what we’re talking about. Maybe: 0 - 1 - 2 - and so forth?)

Anyway, Jossie, I’m still trying to figure out why you’re pissed-off at me. I suppose I’m pretty dense in the sensitivity department. I try not to be an “asshat” (I love that term), but I suppose it’s “in the genes?”

About removing vellus hair, I think it is just a question of point of view.

Sorry Michael that’s my bad !

To Joespha, your work is awesome !
You just made me want to do electrolysis even more !

How many clearance did you need to achieve this?

We can see on the picture that you did a part of her breast too, how long did the first clearance took, belly and breast included?

Thank you !! you give me hope

Just out of curiosity have you researched Hypertrichosis? This possibly may not be vellus hair, but in fact lanugo hair which is actually twice as thin as vellus hair. If you have had this for a long time. It will grow very long and get tight making detection even harder.

Do you have any endocrine issues you’re aware now at all? Thyroid or anything like that?