Diary of an Australian Boy

37 auto on LightSheer diode is good. In auto mode, pulse width is half of the fluence selected. So, I guess you were treated at 37 joules and 18.5 pulse width. Those are good settings irrespective of the spot size used-9mm or 12mm.

HI EVERYONE!

So, I just had my first “official” session of electrolysis. The journey has now begun!

These pictures are 40 hours post treatment!

Right Arm:

Left Arm:

I must say, although i’ve been really unlucky with laser, I have been lucky with my skin all along. I usually have very little reaction - as you can see here.

My treatment time was for 4 hours. And I forgot to get treatment details from my electrologist. But will endeavour to.

:grin:

Very nice :). My heart is full.

WOW, your off-track has been absolutely spectacular.

Hey Christine, if this were the F1, your car might have been a Red Bull. Congratulations DPP!

Thank you Josefa. This is my first time that I have attempted working in this way,doing a very perfect initial clearance, in a case like this. My typical male client wants to be able to look as natural as possible during the course of their treatment, so that it does not interfere with their usual outdoor activities, and I normally do the thickest,darkest hairs from all over first, then the next strongest, until we finally achieve the desired look and level of clearance that the client is comfortable with. DPP is a great admirer of your work and this was his main inspiration to undergo electrolysis.

Yes, I understand Christine. A selection of thicker hairs would have allowed to treat a larger surface and the removal would be gradual and natural, but the DPP age (22) is an important factor.

The intermediate hairs of his upper arm will be terminal hairs very soon, and he would return to remove them after a while. I guess he still has enough non-visible hair because the laser. Remove all hairs that are present now, is the best way that DPP see the true results of the Electrolysis. The selection will be easier in the second or third clearance if he leaves enough time to determine which have the greatest length.
Perhaps the last group of hairs that should come, give the natural appearance of the arms of a man little hairy. I hope so.

THANKS Dee!
And, Christine, I’d have to add, I think we’re all Josefa fans here.
:slight_smile:

Yes we are! Josefa, I have a new client who said the reason he decided to have his back, shoulders and upper arms treated with electrolysis after a failed laser attempt, was because he saw your pictures here on HairTell showing that IT IS possible to move speedily along, removing hair permanently on a large area. The combination of a passionate, highly skilled electrologist, using an Apilus Platinum epilater with a Laurier insulated probe in a chosen thermolysis mode makes this possible, with a predictable outcome. Thank you my friend for advancing this concept so well with your great pictures. No better gift can be given to offer hope to the hairy and to enlighten other electrologists about what is in their reach.

Congrats on finding a great electrologist DPP, looking forward to your updates, fantastic work Christine.

Christine, I see you still have the multi-needle, I’m not sure what to do with my units they seem redundant since Apilus, though would be reluctant to get rid of them. May just be kept for my collection ‘revolution of permanant hair removal’…
hopefully catch up with you at the end of the year

Hiiii, it’s me again. Lot’s of things:

I had another electrolysis appointment. This time for 3.5 hours. We covered inside my right forearm. My appointment was on Thursday, it is now Saturday (when this picture was taken).

And, since i’m slowly learning, i now know that we have been using the PicoFlash modality. :confused:

In other news, I lost my electrology virginity - Christine put the needle in my hands! It was so much fun! She gave me a little run through and then let me play for 10 minutes. Insertions were pretty easy (obviously because i’ve got slutty follicles), I could get the needle to go in pretty nicely without feeling it or moving skin. Then getting the right depth and ZAP!

ANDDDD WAIT… Christine gave me her old electrolysis unit!!! And some needles!!! A Laurier as well! I couldn’t wait to get home and start using it!!! :slight_smile: I’ve set it up now. And cleared a little bit on my left forearm. The hairs slid out nicely. Although insertions are fine, I find getting the right depth really tricky! Sometimes I give it 3 goes before I get the right spot.

The unit is a “Classic RF 08 Electronic Epilation”…

The downfall is that i’ve been spoilt. The first go I had was with the Apilus. :frowning: The Apilus was amazing.

Here’s a pic of the little bit of homework I have done! On the far left is the reaction I had from removing a bit today. In the middle is yesterdays work. And on the far right is the day befores (Thursday, as soon as I got home :))

Anyway, I should shut up.

Ciao!

Where DPP lives badly needs a good electrologist, so we have begun a little training. As you can see he is already doing nicely.

Thanks to youuuuu!!!

I think I should also mention that the sensation with the older unit is sooo different. It’s alot more painful, and drawn out and twisted. So I practise in very short sittings. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if it is because DPP is a very applied student, or because he has had an excellent teacher.

The truth is that I’m glad that Christine has crossed in your road DPP. :wink:

DPP, a note for your notebook. Beware much, much with the skin of the inner part of the arm. Start with the outer part unless you master well the minimum injury you must produce. This skin is extremely thin, you can see how show blood vessels.

Josefaaa thank you for the advice!!! Will start practise on the outer arm. It means alot to have your support.

Josefa,DPP is a natural,does lots of craft work that demands great patience and precision ,as well as being a naturally caring and warm personality, that his clients one day will adore.

wow, this is a great story! great work Christine! DPP is very lucky to have crossed paths with you and best wishes to you DPP on your journey toward being hairless! Life changing experience indeed! =)

Thank you hairwo3sb3gon3!!

I have a question for the electrologists (it may be stupid), but i was wondering, is electrolysis just about kill rates? Like some Killed/Not killed binary? lol. Or can it sometimes also be a matter of breaking down the follicle over time?

:slight_smile:

The very best electrologists can achieve approximately an 80% kill rate. For the majority of electrologists, that figure is lower. That’s why you’ll see most of them quote 12-to-18 months of regularly-scheduled electrolysis treatment to permanently clear all the hairs from an area. This allows time for multiple full growth cycles, and also allows them to re-treat any hairs that can re-grow following initial treatment.

Let a small subsection, Caith, the degree of death may be 80% in many more electrologists from which it may seem. The problem is that in most cases, the customer would like to keep hidden hair shaving the area. This makes many hairs can not be treated, hence the appearance of failure greater. When the electrologist is forced to work in an area shaved 24 hours before, the density of hairs can be removed is limited to a certain number of hairs (usually the thickest). If the rest of the hairs are shaved between sessions, the number of hairs that can be removed will be increasingly marginalized, because the finer the hair the longer it stays close to the skin (telogen phase). And so this becomes the never ending story.