Contradicting laser facts doide vs alexandrite

I actually found images that I took at ALC the day I was burned. It shows which laser was used and what skin type I am, this was at my 14th treatment with them right b4 I was burned. Clearly I was not happy if I was taking pictures such as these. Looks like I’m a 3 from what the computer says.

That definitely looks like an IPL hand piece in your first photo there.

Amerilight is a a Syneron IPL machine. They just put their own branding on it.

To answer your question, this photo was of my last session with them, right before they burned me pretty bad. Session 14 and I still have hair as you can see in the pic. They switched me on and off from this laser to the Amerilase? I guess that’s the diode.

Amerilase is basically Syneron’s Comet. It’s a diode with RF. Not a great machine.

As we mentioned, it doesn’t matter which laser you use if the hair that remains is not coarse enough.

Got it, still waiting for my upper leg hair to be long enough to show how coarse it is in pictures. I have never treated my upper legs before, so I think the hair is still very coarse. I will post pics in a few days.

It’s really hard to see in these photos, but it doesn’t look coarse enough. Upper legs rarely are. Lower legs are usually good for laser.

I know it’s really hard to see in these photos. I uploaded the pictures really big but they show up small on this site. I wil l try to go in to a clinic to get a consult.
thanks

I would be wary of what the clinics who want your money tell you. There are no refunds, so they only gain by trying to treat. You can try it for one treatment and see if the hair sheds. That’s not an indicator that the hair is damaged permanently, but it’s an indicator that it at least was affected.

Like I said, upper leg hair is usually not coarse enough for laser to be able to target and diasable permanently. It’s up to you if you want to try it, but I would keep really really low expectations. Electrolysis is likely your only option on this area.