Blend treatments don't seem to work.

Alicia, I saw two docs and both refused to prescribe Propecia or Proscar (cheaper when pills are cut to same dosage as Propecia).

Now I am seeing a hair transplant surgeon for a free consult just to get a prescription for Propecia (he doesn’t prescribe the cheaper Proscar since his name is on the Propecia.com website for my region so I guess they have some kind of understanding).

Anyway, I wish it didn’t shrink the prostate as I am quite young and don’t need that “benefit”.

Hi Tembo:

I hope that you can find a doctor eventually who will prescribe proscar for you since it is much cheaper. One of the benefits of it is also that it helps prevent scalp hair loss.

I don’t think that you need to worry about it shrinking your prostate, but it migh help prevent it from getting enlarged. Saw Palmetto does the same thing to some extent.

It is really amazing how much different the price is for
propecia vs proscar=finasteride. Lots of doctors prescribe the proscar for hair loss, but as you say this hair doctor may have stock in promoting propecia.

Good luck!

Alicia

Thankyou for the advices tembo. I will talk to a doctor about the drugs. How come it seems to be so hard getting them prescribed? Are they very expensiv in USA? Does it reduce the body hair of everyone that’s hairy or just some? Maybe those that doesn’t notice any significant reduction didn’t have much hair to begin with.

I must admit though that it sounds scary to take a drug all your life, I mean the effect it will have on the body after several years of using it.
Also breast enlargment sounds scary (I read somewhere that this can occure).

Also about electrolysis, I get full clearence every time in the area I treat with Blend but the hairs are still returning. I thought that Blend most of the time kill of hairs with first treatment if the hair is in the growth phase.