Bad reaction to electrolysis. Need encouragement

Once a week should be fine. You can have longer sessions. The most important thing is not to overtreat any one area and not to treat again before any one area is completely healed.

I don’t mean to sound rude, but NO NEOSPORIN!!! Go back to the basics and nothing else > witch hazel, aloe vera gel (the purest form you can find) and IF you need it, tea tree oil at bedtime applied very sparenly with a CLEAN cotton swab. No re-dipping the swab in the bottle. All aftercare should be done with clean hands and products or else you’re just smearing bacteria all over your face.

You are applying too many unneccessary medicants. Please stop and listen to what we are saying to you caligirl, or you may be causing other problems unrelated to electrolysis.

Your dermatologist has no idea what a modern electrologist with modern equipment can do for a woman’s hairy face in a decent timeframe. When you get back on the right track, can you educate her???

I’m glad to hear that your skin is so much better. I’m sure your mood is as well.

Dee

Ok, ok. :0 No neosporin. :wink: I didn’t take it as rude. I know you are trying to help me so I thank you.

I have already been back to my derm after about a month of electro. My face was looking so great she and her assistent were amazed. I told her I started electro and I thought it was helping with the shadow over my lip. Of course most of the progress was from the rx bleaching cream I had been using as well as the lack of plucking, but I thought electro really helped get rid of hair under the skin and the resulting shadow effect. She was surprised. Her assistant asked for the name of my electrologist. I’m sure if my dermatologist could have seen me Saturday, Sonday or Monday she would have said “I told you so.”

You will get back on the right track, so be happy and hopeful again.

Just remember that electrolysis is a scientifically sane approach to hair removal for all hair colors and structures. It works. Problems arise from incompetence - skill of the practitioner is utmost. Some crazy aftercare routines cause reactions that the electrologist gets the blame for, but in your case you encountered the worse of both worlds, I believe.

Get on the horse again and stay close to hairtell so we can help you get going again.

Dee

SOY AND SPANISH THAT NEED SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THE MACHINE clareblend-ultrablend, to contact me, THANKS
TIKITINA222@YAHOO.ES

Can you not use face wash the day or the day after your electrolysis treatment?? What about moisturizer? How long after a treatment can you use moisturizer?

The post you are responding to is from 2008 and I dont believe weve seen LAGirl post here since 2013 or thereabouts.

How soon after a electrolysis treatment on the upper lip can you apply vitamin c oil and moisturizer?

Oh I didn’t notice that. Can you help me with that question?

Question: Can you not use face wash the day or the day after your electrolysis treatment?? What about moisturizer? How long after a treatment can you use moisturizer?

duriing the first 12-24 hours post treatment the electrolysis site 9 the dead space) is filled up with blood and healing factors such as histimines and a thin layer of 1-2 cells thicness of dernmal tissue is forming over the opening. until tht time, the site is susceptable to contamination. So in general, its better to not put anything on the skin that might complicate the healing or cause infection in the site… This includes face washes, moisturizors, sunscreen and pretty much anything else that dosnt have to be there. The best care possible, is to wash several times with plain water, and other than that to leave the area untouched