Awful facial hair shaving habit!

Thanks for your reply. I hadn’t thought of the teasing backlash! Or the fact that I have hair issues of my own!

Ill wait and see if she brings it up again before I decide on anything. I’m glad I chose not to tell her about the razor incident as her lack of response is perhaps the best thing for it.

Hopefully we can bide a few more years before she starts having to remove hair as we all know how tedious it gets.

She’s smiling again now and doesn’t seem that phased by it which makes me very happy!

Please notify your Pediatrician as she may be in the early stages of POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME. YOU CAN PREVENT MORE HAIR FROM COMING IN AND SAVE HER A LOT OF DISCOMFORT AND LOSS OF SELF ESTEEM.

GOOD LUCK

Hair is DEAD. It does not hurt when cut nor does it bleed. The root is alive and this has to be destroyed or treated with a prescription drug to keep it from spreading. The hairs that are already growing will continue to grow unless treated.

You inadvertently gave some important information as to the cause and probable treatment of the problem. This is the color of hair on your head versus the other hair.

A follicle is called a PILOSEBACEOUS UNIT. PILO means hair and Sebaceous refers to the glands that make the oil on the skin. UNIT refers to the whole follicle which includes the hair forming cells and the cells that put the color in the hair.

The ONLY thing that makes hair grow in the wrong places is male hormone (testosterone), however, while it stimulates hair growth it also stimulates the production of coloring and that is why the undesirable hair is darker in color. You probably have POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME. If left untreated you may become infertile and may even develop cancer of the uterus in your 40s. It is possible you already have menstrual irregularities. Skipped periods or delayed periods (over 35 days or under 21 days). Get to a doctor immediately and electrolysis can be covered by insurance as the hair is part of a diagnsable and treatable disorder.

Good Luck

Good Luck

Thanks - I have recently had blood tests to check why my facial hair growth had increased, thinking that I may have PCOS or a hormone problem but I was given the all clear. I know this has nothing to do with my daughter but I personally think that she’s as hairy as I was when I was her age and think it’s therefore hereditiary. We are also both very skinny - which was something my doctor commented on would be very unlikely if I suffered from this condition as usually sufferers are overweight. Not sure how true this is.

I had an ovary removed three years ago along with a rather large tumour but I have a feeling that this could have something to do with the increase in hair growth on my face. Does anyone have any insight into this or has anyone else had an ovary removed and noticed an increase in hair growth?