Anti-tweezing myths?

Also I’ve had a rogue hair grow on the top of my foot and when I tweeze it out, it usually takes months to grow back, just wanted to add that, sorry.

To the original poster of this thread:

Here is an article on some recent medical research on the effect of tweezing on hair growth that was posted in April in the Scientific American.

It offers some explanation to your question.
There is a lot we still need to find out about hair growth, but observation over a number of years does form ideas which medical research can further explore.
Michael Bono offered you “food for thought” in his quirky way. Please don’t take it offensively. He is a great teacher to us all, making us think, doubt, test and explore.

Women have eye brows from the start they don’t get chin hairs until they get older or have hormone issues. This is because they either have excess testosterone or decreased oestrogen. By having decreased Oestrogen you are therefore increasing the balance of testosterone in your body.
When plucking something that is natural to a women like eye brows over plucking can leave thin eye brows.
When plucking a female chin these hairs are stimilated by blood and the hormone imbalancement to grow more.
Think of it like plucking weeds if you don’t get the whole root like electrolysis does you suddendly find even more weeds than you have to start with.

It can take up to 3 months for the same hair to grow back in an area if hair grows back in an area prior to this it is a new hair and not the same hair that you plucked previously. Give an area 3 months before deciding on whether that hair will grow back.

When I pluck the hairs from my knuckles, they start to grow back within a few days to a week.
Are you saying that it is not the same hair yet a new hair growing out of the same area?
It seems like the same hair, I took pro hormones a few years ago, foolish of me, I listened to another rather than looking in to them myself, my hair seems to grow back pretty fast, whether it be plucking or shaving, all the posts I’ve read that people’s hair takes weeks to grow back seems insane as mine grows back within a few days to a week like I said.

A tweezed hair, complete with an intact root, cannot grow back in a few days. It has to be a new hair. If you don’t see a bulb when you tweeze, then you are probably breaking or slicing the hair shaft off just below the skin surface. In that case, the same hair keeps growing and you see it peak above the skin in a couple days or so.