Anesthetic injections during electrolysis

emla and similar anestetics are indeed not very effective. it is a bit tricky to apply (well, really tricky), but if you apply it correctly You’ll get good numbing. Correct apllication meas about the following procedure:

1. prepare the cover - cut it into correct shape.

2. use a small (19 amount of creme and massage it into the pores, i.e. against the direction of hair growth

3. wait 3 minutes and 26 seconds (my tea watch happens to be adjusted on that time9

4. repeat 2) and 3) a few times until the numbing sets in noticeably. Typically You need 5 rounds.

5. apply a thick layer of emla, really thick, about 0.5 mm.

6. put on the prepared cover. there must be no air below the cover. it is necessary to prevent oxidation.

7. thoroughly and densely close and fixate the boundaries of the cover with adhesive tape.

on my throat i can obtain perfect numbing this way, i it must be done very thoroughly. Otherwise the effect will be lost.

You work on your own throat Beate? How do you manage the angles?

Seana

no, i don’t work on my own throat except in massive desperation (which means that i actually did…)

i applied emla that way for some sessions with a college from frankfurt (and worked right through the center of frankfurt with the covered region)

I have gotten desperate a few times and managed one or two hairs. It is a very difficult area to do on your own though and 90% of the hair are not accessible when working on yourself.Thus my question!

Seana

Did my 3rd electrolysis session today - 4 hours and 4,570 hairs! Thank God for the lidocaine injections, I could never have survived without them. The electrologist cleaned both sides of my chest. I’m sore now, but happy … I love the result.

qwerty Attachments

image.jpg

4th clearance of chest hair today - 3,700-and-something hairs. Damn, it’s amazing how it keeps coming back even after a full clearance! Well I’m smooth as glass again now, so let’s see what happens. Thank GOD for those Lidocaine shots. There’s no way in hell I would be able to do this without them. I’m going to tackle the stomach next in a few weeks… not as much there, the laser got most of it.

At $130/hr in Yanhee Hospital in Bangkok, it isn’t cheap. But by God it’s worth every penny … I love the look and feel. This is a great profession.

How often do you do your clearances? Thanks for updating. Bankok is a nice place to pick for electrology. Since they have so much experience in transgender surgeries, I bet electrologists there have ample of skills in body treatments.

Well, the first two times I didn’t do the full chest. The 3rd time I did - it takes a lot of injections and about four hours. I waited about two months until I repeated it. There was a lot of regrowth, which I understand is to be expected. I hope, though, that now the regrowth will really taper off. I’m sure I’ll go back for another round in two months.

Meanwhile I’m going to do the stomach area in a couple weeks. The chest was much denser, but the stomach will probably need a session or two.