Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 8 of 20 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#126775 - 05/26/18 03:09 PM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: Iluv2zap]
Josefa M. Reina Offline
Major Contributor

Bingo Seana! I'm sure there are more fun prizes, but of course, I would be happy to meet you personally.

As for the lashes on your back, try to avoid them as much as possible. The first will come without waiting for them, but with practice, one becomes an agile contortionist. wink

Thread Sponsors
#126795 - 05/29/18 05:32 AM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: Josefa M. Reina]
zapmyface Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Originally Posted By Josefa M. Reina

I have been accused of so many things: lying in my "before & after" cases; press and blackmail clients in exchange for permission to use their photos; lack of professionalism and transparency; and a very funny that begins to become a habit, use false identities to promote my services in Hairtell, WOW!!!... not to mention others that at this moment I can not remember.

I hope you realize that when I said that you were using a false identity to promote your services, it was a clear joke...

What if all those ''accusations'' were also from people like me trying to understand how some electrologists here can kill a good chunk of hairs in one single clearance while some spend years of weekly sessions to get the same results?

I don't think I've ''accused'' anyone, but if I did, let me just say that there was never any ill intent, I was simply looking for some kind of truth (and I've said this way too many times already it's getting exhausting).

#126799 - 05/29/18 08:11 PM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: NARMA2018]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Take the anxiety off your shoulder and stick around zapmyface.

Josepha was talking about things that have occurred to her for years as a result of sharing graciously of her knowledge and skill.Long before you were around. I guarantee she is the last to take offense.

I think after all this mediating you owe me a coffee and chat at some point. Ever get to ottawa?

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#126824 - 06/03/18 07:02 AM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: zapmyface]
Josefa M. Reina Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By zapmyface
Originally Posted By Josefa M. Reina

I have been accused of so many things: lying in my "before & after" cases; press and blackmail clients in exchange for permission to use their photos; lack of professionalism and transparency; and a very funny that begins to become a habit, use false identities to promote my services in Hairtell, WOW!!!... not to mention others that at this moment I can not remember.

I hope you realize that when I said that you were using a false identity to promote your services, it was a clear joke...

What if all those ''accusations'' were also from people like me trying to understand how some electrologists here can kill a good chunk of hairs in one single clearance while some spend years of weekly sessions to get the same results?

Zapmyface, believe me, I've tried, but I can not understand your point of view. Am I being "accused" because I'm doing my job trying to get the best and fastest results possible?

Perhaps Michael and I have not documented dozens of cases with similar results? Have we not described what we do and shown how we do it? Has the world gone mad, and now you have earned the right to be a victim of your own work?

#126826 - 06/03/18 08:08 AM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: Josefa M. Reina]
zapmyface Offline
Top 20 Contributor

The results you post are so far ahead from what most people experience with some (a lot?) electrologists, do you realize this?

It really depends on how you look at it, you might see it as an accusation that your posts are misguided, but I see it as a huge difference in skill which makes it very annoying for people who spent so much more time and money on their end to never get the same results.

How many times do I have to say that I’M GLAD that your results are as amazing as you post them here! I just wish more people could experience them with their own electrologists.

This is maybe where all those ‘’accusations’’ come from, from a place of ‘’jealousy’’ that they couldn’t get the same treatments themselves. Do you really not see why some people can be fed up after years of weekly/monthly treatments, while you post a 1-2 clearance on a foot or face that removes most of the hair?!

P.S. Seana, as much as I’ve appreciated the help and talks we’ve had, I will never speak about electro to anyone ever again, I’m just here to finish getting my point across in this thread then I’m out. (And I’m pretty sure I’m not the one taking things personally here.)

#126827 - 06/03/18 08:13 AM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: NARMA2018]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Jossie, yes! The (near) fatal flaw of electrology is one factor: operator. Sometimes "results" are so different that you wonder if this is really ONE profession.

Overwhelmingly, I have seen two main concerns of client/posters: 1) How do I determine if I'm getting the best results or seeing the best electrologist? 2) What do all these post-treatment marks mean?

Clients ask the wrong questions ... and focus on the wrong issues. Maybe, with more media on client concerns this could be improved. But I doubt it? Clients have an inherent tendency to ask the same questions, regardless of the thousands of times the same questions have been answered.

Finally, I'm tired of shouting at the abyss because the abyss is starting to shout back!

#126828 - 06/03/18 08:15 AM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: NARMA2018]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I posted this in the wrong thread ... sorry.

#126830 - 06/03/18 09:03 AM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: NARMA2018]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

To answer zapmyface? It's like this. Those of us posting here, with decades of experience, are not withholding information as you seem to imply. Indeed, when you find your TRUTH ... please let me know! ("Truth"?) There is no certitude in this field. You want absolute answers and, actually, we do too. It's just that such answers are not forthcoming. (Maybe not possible.)

This "profession" is, in reality, a cottage industry. Many people are self-taught. There is no universal curriculum and the schools teach different concepts. Manufacturers jealously guard their "trade secrets." Information is shared by a scant few. The associations are often prisons of reactionary thinking: closely guarding their domain and often ruled by people who banish opposing (or different) ideas.

Add-in the individual jealously of many operators ... their general lack of education and unwillingness to read (most only have a high school education, but that's not required). There is little to no communication within the ranks (except for a few on Facebook or those willing to "put themselves out there"), and generally no communication about the real "meat" of the profession. (Lots of chit-chat about CREAMS!)

We have no professional magazine or "go-too" source. On top of all this, you have a clientele that is fearful of talking about their "hair secret," so there is little public communication on the issue. Make that: no embarrassing public exposure! Thus, no mirror for the profession and no pressure to improve. Generally, the profession is solitary: one-person isolated fiefdoms with their own devised "secret" methodology; that takes pot-shots at all the other "methods." The "Modality Wars."

And, this post? Nobody is listening and nothing will change. Tomorrow somebody will be talking about how their modality "hurts less, is better than, and all the other methods are crap, etc ... " And, another client will be posting photos of his/her brown spots, red spots and, of course, scars.

So you "grab us by the neck" and demand "the truth?" I'd like to know it too! When you get the answers, let me know!

#126832 - 06/03/18 10:06 AM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: Michael Bono]
zapmyface Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Ya that's what I've started to conclude and also why there's no point in asking questions anymore. Kinda impossible to get answers (to some questions), since it does seem to be more of an an art-form than anything else really, and there's nothing wrong with that. Honestly, the only thing I'll reproach myself is that I cared too much!

#126833 - 06/03/18 11:00 AM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: NARMA2018]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Try not to feel too sorry for yourself. Those of us that take this profession "to heart" have contributed a lot; but we've not seen much in return (that is, significant growth within the ranks ... open minds).

Every now-and-then we get the focused learner: somebody having treatments who delves into this "thing" with extreme enthusiasm. Some time ago, there was "Brenton" who, by his own forcefulness, became an expert in the field. Lots of us nurtured him in hopes that his writings would bring more understanding to everybody.

Then, as always happens when the hairs are GONE, Brenton disappeared along with his hairs. The hairs evaporate, and the client's interest in the subject goes to absolute ZERO! (As it should.) Lots of invested effort ... and no return. So, as in your case, my answers are very short and attenuated at best. Okay, curt.

If I chose to take the time, I'll write another book or make a video. If a client really wants to research this topic, he has to be willing to invest more than just demanding people answer his questions. Or, making recriminating (but funny/sarcastic) remarks. You know, there are lots of books, and other sources, in the field.

But honestly, when the hairs are gone ... you will be too! Still, I seriously hope you get great results. You should! You deserve it.

Page 8 of 20 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached
by zapmyface
1 second ago
Feeling Sad
by Michael Bono
Today at 12:40 AM
Excessive Lymph During Treatment?
by Julie Jacob
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Blanching
by dimi
Yesterday at 03:39 PM
Old dudes ...
by Josefa M. Reina
Yesterday at 12:46 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9672
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3405
Who's Online
0 registered (), 94 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod