Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124669 - 09/18/17 08:49 AM Re: Journey of a young French lady [Re: adrien_sanchiz]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: France, Spain
Thank you Fenix for the links

Thread Sponsors
#124671 - 09/18/17 01:17 PM Re: Journey of a young French lady [Re: adrien_sanchiz]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Ditto. Thanks, Fenix.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#124904 - 10/11/17 06:27 AM Re: Journey of a young French lady [Re: adrien_sanchiz]
Chicaaa Offline

Hey, I'm new to this forum also, I honestly don't know why I feel so nervous about commenting, I think coz I look up to so many of the electrolysis' on this forum and the amazing work you all do truly does give me hope.

I have hair very similar to the girl in the pictures. I have heard that laser does cause hypertrichosis though (my friend has suffered this also but for some reason is still getting laser huh?) - mine I believe has been caused by steroids that I unfortunately had to be on when I was younger frown

I can understand that with stimulated hair growth caused by laser new hair follicles can show up later down the track, even if you're getting electrolysis (correct me if I am wrong) - I have stopped the steroids and haven't been on them for YEARS

Would the 3 clearances and you're done approach still be effective or would it be similar to laser hair growth and take WAY longer??

#124905 - 10/11/17 07:26 AM Re: Journey of a young French lady [Re: adrien_sanchiz]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Hello Chica, welcome to hairtell,

The 3 clearances method will still be effective as soon as you let your hair grow at least 5/6 months before the treatment and you avoid shaving/waxing/threading/plucking between each clearances.

About laser induced paradoxical hypertrichosis : it take place in hormono-dependent areas such as face, abdomen (breast, belly, back...). In this case, laser can stimulate fine vellus surrounding the treated area and can grow thicker and darker.

If this is your case and you want to permanently remove these unwanted hair, you can of course begin electrolysis hair removal treatment. In the treated area, all actif follicules will be permanently destroyed. In that way you can be sure that you will not get "never-ending new hair" years after the treatment.

#124949 - 10/18/17 07:18 AM Re: Journey of a young French lady [Re: adrien_sanchiz]
Chicaaa Offline

Thanks for your quick response smile

I haven't touched the hair for well over a year, if that's the case do you believe the hair would be 99% clear after the 3rd clearance??......I guess when you have so much hair and you feel almost cursed that a solution to this problem doesn't seem real or even possible

I'm glad that there is a forum like this to be honest, there is SO much mixed information about results and the effectiveness of electrolysis that it's insane......can see why people are so confused about the different options of hair removal *sigh*

#124950 - 10/18/17 07:34 AM Re: Journey of a young French lady [Re: adrien_sanchiz]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

You’re welcome.
In that condition and if your electrologist works properly, thus you will get 99% of hair permanently removed after the third clearance.

It is true, on the internet we can find mixed and quite opposite information about electrolysis. This forum is so helpful for consumers.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by Kate Blue
Question on current and plucking sensation
by Iluv2zap
09:13 PM
Need help purchasing an electrolysis machine
by Iluv2zap
09:56 AM
Help to choose a machine
by Iluv2zap
08:38 PM
Orlando area electrolysis recommendation
by jae05e
04:13 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9607
James W. Walker VII 8048
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3168
Who's Online
1 registered (Kate Blue), 109 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod